Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 map not showing any street names

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just used the GPS to map a walk on my Versa 3. The walk has tracked correctly, but when viewing the walk in the Fitbit app, the map only shows the route. It doesn't show any of the street names on the map. The old version of the app used to show this information. Is there a setting I need to switch on for this to show or has it been removed?

----

UPDATE: I decided to check some old walks and runs that I did before updating the app and the maps now also dont show any of the street names. They just show the route taken. Looks like this is an issue with the new updated app as it worked fine before updating the app.

----

UPDATE 2: I managed to reinstall an older version of the Fitbit app before it was changed to the new version and the maps appears as expected with the street names showing. It is definitely an issue with the new app.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

How did you reinstall the older Fitbit app?

Restore Street Names on app's exercise maps

Best Answer

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your messages and tips. 

If you haven't done so, please clear the cache of the Fitbit app and/or turn the phone off/on.

If the issue persists, could you please attach a picture of the map with the missing names, as well as your phone's model with the operating system version. (eg. Samsung A21 Android 12, iPhone 7 iOS 14.3, etc)

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I have cleared the cache of the app and turned the phone off and on, but the issue still persists.

I have a OnePlus Nord 2 phone running Android 13. The Fitbit app version is 4.0.1.

Attached is a screenshot of the map.map-screenshot.jpg

Best Answer

@Xbroogw1 , Thank you for your reply, for the information and picture. I've informed our team and they'll be looking into this. 
Should I receive more information I'll be more than glad to inform you all over here. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Same here, app updated and all map locations have gone including historical maps so I can't compare pace and time on the same routes. Using a Samsung phone.  Update is awful generally, everything is one colour and hard to differentiate. 

Best Answer

Not only is the GPS not showing map details it isn't giving accurate steps or mileage. It shows me running between 0.1 and 0.3 miles in an hour!!! Prior to the update it was 5 miles!!! I am using a SamsungS22. Very frustrated this is also a new fitbit Inspire 3.

Best Answer

@Helen1604 @Dollydaisy48 , Thank you for your updates and further details. I'll add them to the information I shared with the team. This will be very helpful in finding a solution. 

Best Answer

Its now been almost 3 weeks since the last update took away the street names and locations of our GPS maps.   Whats happening? 

Best Answer

If Fitbit don't sort this soon I will be returning my new fitbit and ditching it for a rival product. What is the point of a tracker that doesn't track!!! I can't use it to see if I'm progressing when it isn't tracking my distance, route, steps accurately... I am getting increasingly frustrated if Fitbit can't sort out the new update take us all back to the old version! 

Best Answer

and still no news or update on why their GPS maping isn't working as good as their old version.  

Best Answer

@WTOMALTY @Helen1604 , Thank you for your messages and feedback. 
As already mentioned, our team is aware of the situation and working on a solution for it. 
I'll be updating the thread as soon as I receive further information to update you all . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue would be fixed if they went back to the old app. Since the app updated the whole forum is just people complaining the new version.

Best Answer
Maybe but if the new version is inferior than that is a good enough reason
to complain. It is almost impossible to follow a map without reference
points!!!
Best Answer
thx its nice to hear that they are working on it. WT
Best Answer
0 Votes
The new fitbit app exercise tracking map doesn't show enough information ie. Street names of routes etc to be of any value. Can't share the route cycled due to lack of standard google map information.
Best Answer

I agree!  Totally ridiculous to not have street names on a map!  

Best Answer
Well another week and still no updates to fix the map! I suggest everyone
leaves a poor review on the app!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Found the issues with the Fitbit app not showing street names, at least for time being. 

Under fitbit.com where your data is shown the map shows up with the street names.

However, this website doesn't work well on a smartphone. More for a desktop application. 

Now, Google has to get the app working correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fab well done. Hopefully Google/Fitbit are reading your post!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes