Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I get my Versa 3 today, open it up, connect the charger, battery shows 64%. I run thru the setup, get everything set and leave it to charge. Now it's at 52% after being on the charger for 2 hours. I've rebooted the thing, switched to different devices (all easily charge my iPhone and iPad, one even charges my pinebook pro), but it's still draining.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Versa 3  is not charging, please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

I am having exactly the same problem, although mine is now at 16%! Fitbit Help chat have been help at all!

Best Answer

When I left the house @2330 last night mine was at 43%, we'll see if it died or got bored and started charging while I've been away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is at 14%!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, ordered a couple off-brand chargers on Amazon, just showed up, plug one in, drop the Versa on it and BAM, It shows it freaking charging.

Moderator edit:  word choice

Best Answer

Didn't notice until the battery's almost dead now. Same issue battery will not charge using provided cable. I've tried with a USB adapter connected to Win10 ( It detected and setup a connection to BTW) and a 1.2 and 2.0 amp charger. No indication from any of them that it was charging.

Thanks for the link! I ordered one just now!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that. Fitbit are now sending me a replacement charger, hopefully that will sort it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So over 3 days I've spent over 3 hours chatting with Fitbit customer service. It's like pulling teeth. I finally got the agent to escalate me to the tier 2 support. Today  the generic charging cables that Rblprd recommended came in and low and behold it works without issue. No rebooting. No connect to watch before plugging into the charger. It. Just. Works. 

I'm disappointed Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your reports and comments and tips.

Could everyone of you please verify if you can see any damage on the charging cable or the contacts? If so could you please attach a picture of it on your reply?

If you cannot see anything else, please let me know. 

Just remember, as every electronic device, it's not recommendable to use any other accessory as the oficial ones. We have noticed that some 3rd party accessories may damage your watch or parts of it. Using them could also void the warranty of your products.  

I'll be expecting your reply 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Here's the stock charger that came with mine

FAA0EBA2-28AC-4C07-AB9A-718FB465DDC0.jpeg

E01A5726-319E-47EB-95EE-5FCB227A54C9.jpeg

E3968DF8-271A-45D2-B4D2-937CD9F89D73.jpeg

The shine is from nyogel (sane stuff I use on all my high performance flashlights and 2-way radio power connections)

This is a side shot of the aftermarket charger (that actually works, so I don't have a small expensive paperweight)

9E0DB942-CF84-4996-9677-0C2CC3CFC2F3.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi Juan

When I first got my Versa 3 it charged up to 26% and would not charge up any further.  I tried using a variety of USB chargers, all of which work fine with other devices, but no luck.  I did manage to configure the Versa3 and sync with my phone before it died, but was never able to get it to charge after that first time. It gradually drained to 0% and I can't revive it, even after leaving it on the charger for days.

There is no visible damage to the charging cable, the contacts, or the fitbit device.  

I'm certain that one of these components is defective.  I believe it is still within the warranty period - what are my options?

PS - I tried to add an image but the chat window says I don't have permission to upload images

Best Answer
0 Votes

The pins on mine all look perfect as well.

The factory charger still doesn't work.

They say not use use 3rd party chargers, well the 3rd party charger (bottom picture, you see the longer pins) works fine.

If no chargers work, afraid you'll have to deal with customer services and argue with them on getting a replacement Versa 3.

So much for waiting on relies.

ROFLMAO

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

having the same issue!! i tried to charge my versa 3 when it was at 10%, left it for hours (i forgot it was charging) and the battery went down to 6%. I've tried cleaning the watch and the charger and it's still not working.

the battery is now at 4% and the watch isn't even turning on when i press the button; the charger cable is not damaged at all so i don't know what else to do unless buy an off-brand charger since it seems to work for other people

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same thing. I just bought the Versa 3 and I've only had it about a week. I usually plug my fitbit in when I shower, so when I attempted to do it while the versa was at about 33%, I noticed right away it wasn't detecting charge. 

Tried again, in my desktop tower, a few different outlets, and even tried to take it to work to charge it. Nothing. I got a feeling it was the stock charger, not the fitbit itself. Got onto customer support, worried my brand new toy would be unusable, and the agent took me to tier 2, and told me to look forward to an email on the next steps. Yes! Some movement! Maybe my issue will be resolved!

I quote, here is the email.

"Hello -me-, 
Thank you for contacting us about your Versa 3 that is not charging.
In this case, please try to press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.
Then, plug the charger into the watch first before plugging into the power source.
We hope that this will help you resolves the issue. 

Should you have any other concern with your Fitbit device, please visit: https://help.fitbit.com 

Sincerely,

-agent name-. and the Fitbit Team"

So that was absolutely no help whatsoever. 

I've ordered a third party charger and will update on if that works. Either way I'm disappointed, this seems like a serious malfunction (the charging cable doesn't charge? How do you miss something like that?) but I would prefer to use a third party charger than deal with customer support and warranty and replacement. It took over 2 weeks to ship. I really don't want to take the next month and a half shipping a fitbit back and forth that shouldn't have an issue like this in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I didn't want to wait out customer support, three pair I got cost $10, so I was willing to risk them not working. They work and have a longer cord than three factory charger, so the charger stays up and out of the way instead of being right next to the charging port. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is the answer to this issue.  Just out of the box, plugged it in and it started charging, went from 40% to 49% in a matter of minutes.  As I continued the setup and the updates finished installing, the battery began draining.  Down to 38% and there is no answer on this thread.  What is the issue and how can I get it to charge?  I've tried different outlets and connecting to two different computers. I checked and the plastic protection on the watch bottom has been removed. Also, both the watch and the charging pad are clean.

Best Answer

My fix was the aftermarket charging bases I got off Amazon. They deleted the link.

Factory charger still isn't working for me, but the aftermarket is going strong.

Best Answer

I also have the same problem I am unable to get the charger to draw Power to the Fitbit ... I'm able to determine that because I have a power port that lights up when power is drawn from it. When I charge my phone or anything else it's lit up but as soon as I plug the Fitbit into it it goes dark so I know there's an issue with the charger base itself.  I tried plugging it into a wall with a USB brick that works with every other device.  If I had known this issue was so prevalent I would not have purchased I might just return it to Costco

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are 3rd party options on Amazon, that's what solved my issue and the
others on this thread as well. Just search for Versa 3 charger (since they
delete the link when I include it with a reply)

================================
John

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

================================

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf."

-George Orwell

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the exact same thing and agree that I'm probably just going to return it to Costco and get a refund. Pretty bad for device that costs over $200.

Best Answer