Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not showing HRV in health metrics

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! For around 2 weeks my versa 3 has problems showing HRV in the health metrics. It is a super useful feature but for most of the days lately it shows no data, while all the other metrics work fine (like heart rate or oxygen saturation). I contacted a woman on the support chat and she told me to wear the watch continuously for 24h before sleep and I did that and I got a measure but then the next day I got "no data" again. Even when I don't take off my watch at all during the day. Anyone having same issues? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm sure it's a software issue. I own both a Versa 3 and a Sense. I'd switch off between them. But my Sense started having the same issues. Called CS, they walked me through all the troubleshooting steps - nothing worked, and the agent said it was a known issue that they're "working on." Problem is, it's been a "known issue" for a couple of years, based on forum posts. 🤷‍:female_sign: Anyway, my Versa was still working fine, so I made arrangements to return the Sense. But a few days later, the Versa also stopped recording HRV. 🙄 If it were a hardware issue, it wouldn't be happening to both of them. It also seems to me more likely to be an app issue, since it affects multiple models. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Yes, mine has been having the same issue. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi there @naeri and @Nawt19, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand how you guys must be feeling. 

Please keep in mind the following to make sure you see your health metrics data:

• Wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night). Check your stats after you wake up in the morning. Note: skin temperature requires 3 nights of data.
  • Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting. If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
  • Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading.
  • To track your blood oxygen saturation. For more information, see How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device?

For more detailed information, see What should I know about health metrics in the Fitbit app?

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked best answer my mistake. Obviously for users that have been using the watch for months this does not help at all. We all know that. HRV was working but suddenly it stopped working properly even though I am using the watch as usual. I just wanna know whether it is a software issue or hardware cause if the latter I will want to return the watch 

Best Answer

@naeri Totally understand where you're coming from. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call again. Click here to get connected. I'd suggest to share this community link (thread) so our Support Team can be aware of all the steps you've done already, this way you can also avoid repeating yourself again. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure it's a software issue. I own both a Versa 3 and a Sense. I'd switch off between them. But my Sense started having the same issues. Called CS, they walked me through all the troubleshooting steps - nothing worked, and the agent said it was a known issue that they're "working on." Problem is, it's been a "known issue" for a couple of years, based on forum posts. 🤷‍:female_sign: Anyway, my Versa was still working fine, so I made arrangements to return the Sense. But a few days later, the Versa also stopped recording HRV. 🙄 If it were a hardware issue, it wouldn't be happening to both of them. It also seems to me more likely to be an app issue, since it affects multiple models. 

Best Answer

That's very reasurring... They told me they're "working on it" as well but I guess I was naive to believe it! It shows me my HRV at odd times and I noticed a pattern that it's only when I have a bad sleep and higher heart rate (for example.when sick or after drinking). When my heart rate is lower (as usual) then it stops showing HRV data. See if you have same issue! If so then maybe that's a starting point for them to finally do something. Such customer service is appalling for such an expensive product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My guess is that some update they did messed up the app, but they haven't been able to figure out exactly what caused it so they haven't been able to make a fix for it.

My Versa 3 just seems to have completely stopped reporting the HRV completely. It hasn't recorded anything for six days straight now. My resting heart rate has been climbing steadily for the past four days, and without that information I can't figure out what's going on. I just tried redoing the entire system, factory reset, reinstalling the app and all, but it's still not recording much. I'm with you, it's very frustrating. I'm wearing it for a research study, so I hope that it's picking up the basic info the researchers need but I don't know. For me, I'm moving on to another device and plan to wear them both until the study is over. It's going to look pretty silly, but I've given up on Fitbit.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I am. Now having issue versa 3 not showing HRV

Best Answer