Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not tracking GPS distance accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had previously run with a Fitbit Charge 3 and connected to my phone to track runs. I found the GPS with this to be fairly accurate with regard to distance/pace. 

My Charge 3 broke and I decided to upgrade to a Versa 3 with built in GPS. After using it for the last week, I'm very frustrated with the GPS. I always turn on the GPS to track runs, but find the mileage to be off (lower by 0.1 to 0.2 miles per run) and the pace to be off sometimes as much as 30 seconds per mile. I have used several other apps, etc to compare, and the GPS is consistently off. This may seem like not much, but for me this is significant and may impact both training and racing -- especially in the current era of virtual races. Is there any solution to improve the accuracy of the GPS on the Versa 3? Or do I need to return and choose a difference device?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

The problem is, as you get fitter, your stride changes. My brand new versa shows 200m less per kilometre. Useless when doing distance training. What is the solution to indicate accurate distances? 

Best Answer
0 Votes