Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 only works when connected to the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, Fitbit community I am writing this because need some help the issu is when I plug my Fitbit into charger the red box with 0% comes up and then  normally goes off when been plug in and then the Fitbit logo will show but this time noting happing so I unplug it and moved it to other side off the room and the same thing is happing. 

I am wording do I need a new changing cable. 

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there, @Jefferies2024. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I have just tried what you said I cleared it with a bit of water on the teies and dried it straight away on the back off the Fit bit I have also ordered a new cable Because I have had the same one since I got and I did get 2nd hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jefferies2024 Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I've provided above. Is your Versa 3 working now?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of the above thank you for your thoughs but for some reason nothing  is working I am hopping this a cable issue do you think that could be possible because I have brought a new cable is arriving tomorrow if not I do not know what to do is there somewhere I can get my Fitbit repaired. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I get when I plug the cable in and I have left it on carge for about an hour  I unplug it put it back on and is giving the same photo as it did when I first plug it in . This is the photo.  Is this a cable issue or a battry issue ? pleas let me know .

image.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jefferies2024 Thanks for the information provided and the image attached. 

If you've bought a charging cable, please test it once it arrives to determine whether the charger is the issue. If you continue having issues, please let me know so I can continue to assist you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Fitbit team i am letting you know the new cable did not work i am still geting the same sreen showing the red battry erre also since geting the cable and a new issu has come up with the fitbit itself i was trying it with new cable i placed it on and after about an hour stil nothing so i decid to take it off the charger so it would not overheat and to my surpris when i was take it off the the carger the sreen fell off just hanging on the with the wire coning them i would normly recomd FitBit i am thing of geting a new one becouse i still pefore them over any other smart wach i know this long shoot but i have been with FitBit since 2016 i was wording if i could get a disscount on a new one if i show the immge of the new falt becouse is now unable to use.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes