Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3's touch screen isn't working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is this a software issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Angumaniac, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3's touch screen isn't working. This is not a software issue.

While reading your post I was wondering if this is happening all the time or you've noticed this to happen only when you exercise? I was having a similar trouble with my touch screen, the thing was that my fingers were too sweaty when I was trying to check my progress during my workout so I just started making sure to dry my finger before touching the screen and problem solved. Would you mind trying this in case you notice your fingers are too sweaty when touching your watch's screen?

However, if this is happening all the time, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3 by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

I'm looking forward to your response.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there @Angumaniac, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3's touch screen isn't working. This is not a software issue.

While reading your post I was wondering if this is happening all the time or you've noticed this to happen only when you exercise? I was having a similar trouble with my touch screen, the thing was that my fingers were too sweaty when I was trying to check my progress during my workout so I just started making sure to dry my finger before touching the screen and problem solved. Would you mind trying this in case you notice your fingers are too sweaty when touching your watch's screen?

However, if this is happening all the time, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3 by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

I'm looking forward to your response.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar screen touch issue, (screen in unresponsive to touch input, the side button works, but that's all) I've tried resetting the devise several times now and nothing is working, message sure I was updated to the most recent software, but the screen just won't respond to touch.

Best Answer

Hi there, @BirdsEyeView. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit device before posting here. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here. Please stay tuned to your inbox, someone will reach out to you shortly. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  It just started.  I've tried all suggested by fitbit but didn't work. 

Best Answer
It works but the sensitivity is all off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have reached out to a local phone repair place that is going to look into
repairing it... Will update when I get details on the repair.
Best Answer

Update,

Local cell phone repair shop was able to replace the screen. And restore fintionality to that end.

However they noted water damage in the watch that has now rendered the heart rate function and spo2 monitoring useless.

I thought the versa 3's were water proof.

The monitor module is just as much as a new watch.

Fit bit was quick to offer a discount on a replacent, but after just over a year of operation its failed.

Won't be purchasing a fit bit product anytime soon, they just don't last and the support is lacking.

Best Answer

Facing the same issue, after taking a shower the watch kept on rebooting then I left it on charging and later it was back working. But the touch screen isn't working I only see the home screen now with the stats, I thought they were water proof and the issue doesn't seem to be software related I guess I'll have to get it fixed in my local shop or something. Gonna switch to Garmin ,pretty disappointed by this quality it's been only 2 years and I haven't even done that hardcore water related activities.

Best Answer
I think the screen installed was 60$, but mine also started not reading the
heart beat.

The screen works great, now that the heart rate portion is not working it's
more annoying that before...

I would recommend saving you money and mo ing away from fit bit totally (
I'm in progress, looking at a Garmin ) as water proof to fit bit doest seem
to be water proof by anyone else's standards.

And at best they may offer you 30% off an new fit bit device that may only
last you another year.

Best of luck.
Best Answer

I actually am encountering the same issue with my versa 3 (unresponsive screen though haptic button works). Just saw this happening this week. 
What were the solutions for this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found a local shop that was able to replace the screen.
I called a couple of local shops to verify that they could do it.
Cost was roughly $100
But my other issue ( hear rate monitor not working) was not so able.

Ditched the Fitbit altogether and went to a Garmin. ( And have no plans of
going back)

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes