Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 screen cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Don't even bother wasting your time contacting the support agents with this issue. There is no way to repair a screen that breaks outside of warranty (accidental damage in this case).

My Fitbit Versa 3 is only 2 weeks old. It fell out of my hand from waist height and onto a wooden floor. When I picked it up the screen was badly cracked. I've now been told there is nothing that Fitbit can do for me so this Fitbit is only good for the bin at this stage. I wish I'd been told in the store where I bought it that Fitbit are manufacturing throw-away consumables.

VERY DISAPPOINTED with the whole experience.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @lolmcm, welcome to the Community Forums. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can. However, as our warranty states, it doesn't apply to damage or defects caused by:

(a) use with non-Fitbit products

(b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes

(c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching

(d) operating the Product:

(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by Fitbit

(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by Fitbit

(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.

For more information about this, you can check our warranty policy.

We understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our Support Team again for a better understanding of the information you were provided.

Have a nice day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @lolmcm, welcome to the Community Forums. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can. However, as our warranty states, it doesn't apply to damage or defects caused by:

(a) use with non-Fitbit products

(b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes

(c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching

(d) operating the Product:

(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by Fitbit

(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by Fitbit

(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.

For more information about this, you can check our warranty policy.

We understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our Support Team again for a better understanding of the information you were provided.

Have a nice day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This is the second time I have the same issue. First my screen cracked on Versa 2 and I bought a new one since I was already watching it. And now I have Versa 3 for a month and the screen cracked again. The customer service did nothing, they just recommended me to buy a new watch. I was very satisfied with the watch but I will never again buy anything from Fitbit again. It's supposed to be a sports watch it shouldn't crack while you sleep. Is there any page where I can write a complain? I am very dissapointed because Fitbit really doesn't care about customers, when you buy a product you don't exist anymore.

Best Answer

same thing has happened me. went to bed and device was perfect. woke this morning to find massive crack the whole way across my screen. only have the device 7months.  contacted customer services and was told my warranty does not cover it and gave me discount code to purchase another.  i have spent so much money on fitbit devices over the past 3 years + and each time there is an issue it results in me having to spend yet again more money on devices that are flawed.  Have had several issues with regards syncing and gps not clocking correct km mapped and keep getting fobbed off by factory resetting device turning device off/on etc.  Sports watchs should be robust enough to get through a nights sleep without cracks/breaks to screen. Very dissapointed in fitbit and will not be wasting any more of my money with them going forward. 

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit,

Actually, that is not true. That is, Fitbit claims to be compliant to (among others) standard EN-60950 and EN-62368 safety and performance standards (Versa3_Signed_Fitbit_EU_DoC). In these standards, impact testing need to be performed on the product without it being cracked, damaged or impacting any performance. One of the test is dropping a steel  ball of 500gr. from a height of 1.3m to the case! So, in view of this, warranty may not exclude these performance criteria. In fact, you may even loose your CE certificate by doing this.

BTW. I also noticed a crack in my Versa 3 screen, and after calling Fitbit, I got the same response. Therefore, I just checked if Fitbit could exclude cracks in normal use cases from warranty, and due to the fact that Fitbit claims compliancy with the standards, the answer is no!

Hoping that Fitbit reconsiders their warranty policy and bring it inline with the law

Best Answer

@Popol32... I would very much like to hear Fitbit's response to this, though it's been nearly a year since your post so won't be holding my breath. I had a Versa 3 less than 2 weeks, dropped onto a wooden floor from a foot high and cracked. Was told its out of warranty and given a code for 30% off a new one. The other Fitbit (Sense) I bought was still within its 45 day return period so I (after a little struggle getting replies) have sent it back. There is zero point in having a "sports" watch which breaks so easily and can't be repaired. Shocking. It's just expensive landfill. 

Best Answer

Well at least you got two weeks out of it.  I’ve had a Fitbit for many many years.  Several different models.  Been a big fan till now.  I’ve had this for a week!  Lens cracked. piece even fell out of it!   I have no idea what happened.  Did not drop it bang it or anything. And now I’m being told no warranty!! I’ve never ever had a lens crack.   Not ever. I strongly suspect that Fitbit has changed the manufacturer they are using. Or have downgraded their material requirements. Or both!!

Best Answer

I did the same thing to my versa 3 and thought all was lost. It works just fine, it just has a big crack in the screen and jagged glass in the corner. Obviously, it's probably not water resistant any more. Also, it just looks bad and I like my stuff to look well maintained. Mine is like a piece of jewelry that also gives me my steps, lol.  What I've been doing since is I just bought plastic covers for mine. They come in a bunch of colors to  match whatever band I am using. At least that covers up the jagged glass and may provide some water splash resistance that I have lost. I have been wondering if I take it to one of those after market repair places like "Ubreakifix" if they might be able to add that liquid screen stuff to it that they add to smart phones?  I don't see why adding a coating of something like that won't work for a smart watch too.  I guess the only problem could be the mechanics behind the glass that could be affected by the heat or moisture during the process. Plus, the cost might be high. I'm going to check into that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes