Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 showing 0% in big, red letters....now "dead"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 was working fine until this past weekend when it showed 0% in big, red letters every second or two...first time I ever saw this indication (vs a little red battery icon). I tried charging it through usual means of my desktop, at which point the watch started showing the initial logo every second or two instead of the 0%, along with connecting/disconnecting from my desktop every time....like it was stuck in some kind of loop.

I tried charging it with a wall charger overnight, now it seems to be completely dead...blank screen, no vibrations, nothing. I've tried resetting by holding the button for ten seconds, nothing.

It seems to be pretty much dead at this point, so wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or how often it happens?  Apparently, I'm going to need a new watch, just not sure if it'll be another fitbit if this is a common occurrence after only a few years.

Sounds very similar to this post from two years ago that never received a reply, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Versa-blank-screen-and-battery-on-0/td-p/43...

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Tim217 - there can be charging issues see How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

It depends on the exact cause as to what to do if there isn't a charging problem.

You can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa 3 on 3/31/22. It died completely on 5/30/23. That's 14 months of use. I spent 30 or 40 minutes with tech support trying to salvage it and they confirmed the battery was dead despite the fact a charge had been lasting 3-4 days. After being on the charger for hours it only showed the Fitbit logo. Would not come on. Would not reset, would not factory reset. I had used it to track sleep, exercise (bike-riding, walking, hiking, golfing.) Since it was 2 months out of warranty I was given a 35% off code for purchase of another Fitbit device. I'm going with an Inspire 3. I'll only be out $65 plus tax if this one dies just outside the warranty period. I don't need Premium functionality either. 

Best Answer

The update this morning also wrecked my Versa 3, but it doesn’t even show the time. Just the Fitbit logo. It is now unable to pair with my phone. I woke up to a yellow X on my watch screen. I re-paired my phone and it apparently installed a software update. Then the watch started going crazy, vibrating, display shuffling, etc.  Then his seemed to run the battery down to zero. It literally displayed 0% on the watch screen.  I recharged it for several hours. Now I just get the Fitbit logo displayed every few seconds and it is unable to pair with my phone. What the heck?

Best Answer

I haven’t had any issues with battery until two days ago! I charged it all night only for it to die within 8 hrs when it typically lasts 5+ days!  I used it in NYC averaging 14k+ per day and now it’s dead with minimal use.  This is my ONLY issue with Fitbit. After about a year they go **ahem** up! 

Best Answer