Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped showing my Readiness Score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is no longer giving me a readiness score? It’s been almost a week. I wear my watch all the time. I only take it off to charge it. I sleep in it every night. I get a sleep score. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Hi there, @EKep3. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

If you haven't seen your readiness score, please take review the following:

• You must be a Fitbit Premium member using a compatible device. For a list of compatible devices, see Who can see a daily readiness score in the Fitbit app?
  • To receive your first daily readiness score, you must wear your Fitbit device 14 hours per day for at least 4 days and nights. To continue receiving a score, wear your device 4+ nights per week.
  • If you already received your first score, make sure you wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night), then check your score after you wake up in the morning. To see a daily readiness score, you must wear your Fitbit device for at least 14 hours.
  • Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting.
  • Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but no this doesn’t help. I have Fitbit Premium. I have had it for a couple of years. I said in the header I’m using a Versa 3 so it’s definitely a compatible device. I also said I wear it all the time. I only take it off when I shower or if it needs to charge. I said I sleep in it every night. Not only have I received my first score, I’ve received 19 scores just fine for most of January. They have stopped now for some reason and it’s been over a week since I’ve received them. My Fitbit touches my skin just fine. I get heart rate readings and sleep readings no problem. I usually sleep for about 8 hours a night with not much movement.

So what next?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with mine but if I don't get a readiness score I don't get the sleep or the health metrics either. I only take it off to charge. It will work great for a few days or more and then stop giving me scores. I don't get it!!

Best Answer

Mine stopped all of a sudden a couple of days ago, on February 2, 2022.

I still get my sleep score, and it says that my “score is fully tuned”.

I notice some other weird things are happening. Randomly, a new weight entry log appeared, duplicate to one two weeks ago, but on Thursday the 3rd. I didn’t enter that, as it’s also incorrect.  Though it says it was “manually” entered. 

Also the sleep score is there, but only if I click on the item in the menu. It still says “Wear your Fitbit to bed” rather than prior where it showed the score right there on the dashboard. 

I take all of this to indicate that there’s a problem with the app and the 3.53 update. 

Best Answer

I stopped getting a Readiness score on my Fitbit charge five as well. I also wear mine all the time except to shower.  It has also started spiking my heart rate either at the beginning of my walk or the end of my walk. And I know full well that my heart rate is not up at 179. It’s frustrating when you’re trying to track your calories burned and you get garbage readings like that.

Best Answer

Same here, re: my Fitbit Charge 5.

Best Answer

Same, dude, only on my versa 2.

Worked FINE - I wear it pretty much at all times except to charge it (during which I feel quite discombobulated without it on my wrist!).

My premium is almost up and I need to make the decision to keep or downgrade, and major malfunctions of one of the biggest features i wanted from buying the extra "premium" services....  isn't exactly enticing. . 

If I can't get that back, I probably won't be paying for premium services, seeing as they seem like they  don't work consistently well. I'm really frustrated. 

Best Answer

This is also a problem for my Fitbit versa 2. It’s incredibly frustrating. Please advise. As you know, these devices are very expensive, and on top of the high selling price, we all pay a monthly fee for the premium membership. As this is a premium feature that once again we are paying for, I am hopeful this will be resolved urgently. 

Thank you In advance. 

Best Answer

Still happening intermittently. 

I've noticed that it will randomly decide i haven't worn it (when in fact, it does not leave my wrist except to charge or when I'm bathing) at unpredictable intervals, awake and asleep.

Occasionally it completely disregards the flights of stairs i am constantly going up (and down) during my days working at the high school. It's not a delayed update, either - as in just doesn't record them. I had a day recently where the only thing it DIDN'T record were the flights of stairs, and yes the flights are (more than!) a high enough vertical ascension to count as stairs per the fine print on what qualifies as such per fitbit- it usually gets them no problem. 

It does the same for sleep (or i get partial-night reports instead, with the rest of the night behaving as if the watch had simply been taken off - hint: it hadn't).

I've even had it just totally ignoring steps!!! Frequently in the very early morning, after the step counter has reset and my household - other than me - is still asleep, I've done things like go downstairs for something to drink or to do the dishes etc.... and it will ignore all steps, too. I'll head back upstairs, go back to bed, and when I wake, I'll have single digits for steps taken, if any at all. 

Step-counting being *THE MOST BASIC INITIAL FUNCTION* of these rather costly pedometers... this is both highly concerning, and EXTREMELY frustrating. 

• It touches my wrist.
  • It's not too tight.
  • I do currently have premium.
  • I've tried gently wiping down the back of the watch to make sure the sensors are clean.
  • It is worn nearly constantly.
  • It is most assuredly a compatible device. 

Initially commented about 2 weeks ago and the OP about 2 months ago, and this is still going on. Can you *please* give us ANY update whatsoever? 

Best Answer

I have the same issue on my Charge 5. Is there a solution? It just says “get started” when it has been working fine for several months 

Best Answer

Got a new versa 3 wore it 5 days in a row still nothing I am a premium subscriber. So what's the problem fit bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now having the same issue with my versa 3. No readiness score and no sleep score for the last 3 days.

It only comes off my wrist to charge and when I shower, so it's on more than 14 hours per day.

This seems to be an issue for a number of people. How frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have also started having this exact same issue for the last couple of weeks with my Versa 3.

Best Answer

Same here won't show my week when I click the week option, just sits their stuck on loading. Each week I lose something so won't be renewing my subscription and certainly won't be upgrading to any other Fitbit product in future.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 that just started to stop tracking active minutes.  It seems to help when I restart but it is not tracking.readiness at all.  This randomly started 4 days ago.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve met all of the above criteria. I got it on my feed (dashboard?) up until early June then it disappeared from my main list.  If I go back to Previous months I see it then if I open it for that day it suddenly disappears.  It is no longer showing up as an option. I really liked it as a feature and wish you’d fix this glitch. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Versa 3 as the OP mentioned. I have a premium membership and all of the things your mentioned are being done.

I don’t see where this issue was addressed by Fitbit other than your post. 

What are we supposed to do if following all instructions & wearing the devices properly? What are the next steps?

I haven’t gotten a  reading in almost 2 weeks now. I have rebooted and re-installed the app. As a diabetic and narcoleptic, I depend on this device to keep track of important health information. My renewal is up next month and I’m wondering if I should switch devices all together.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that you've had the issues too... But if
you're at a point where you could easily switch, I would do that.

Fitbit tech support to get mine
replaced under warranty when the screen went black... I used it for two
months and the replacement stopped working. It's still all covered by
warranty until February 2023, but I just didn't see the value in it
anymore. I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 935... It's too bad that Fitbit
is so buggy and the hardware is junk (and has such poor customer
service)... because now that I've used both, I find Fitbit Premium and the
way the data is displayed preferable to Garmin's (while more detailed) less
user-friendly interface.

BTW, regarding the readiness score... I just got used to various things
just not always working. There seemed to constantly be something that
didn't work, often times updates would fix them. If one just resigns
themselves to these things working about 85% of the time, things get easier
and life is less stressful 🙂

Moderator Edit: Word choice.

Best Answer
I gave up on Fitbit since I still haven’t gotten any help. I now use an
Apple Watch and have no issues with it. Sorry Fitbit but you suck now!!
Best Answer