Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped working, overheats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the past week or so, my Versa 3 (purchased February 2021) started shutting off randomly, and it became impossible to keep it charged. It happened a couple of hours ago, and I believe it is now dead. It doesn't show any sign of charging (no screen, no vibration) and while connected to the charger, it heats rapidly and is soon too hot to touch. 

I have searched the forums and elsewhere and trouble-shot to the best of my ability, but I think it's a goner. Please tell me this is still under warranty.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

My versa 3 (purchased February 2021) stopped working. It won't turn on and while connected to the charger, it heats up rapidly to a very high temperature. There is no vibration, screen doesn't light up. I've troubleshot using the forums and have exhausted my capabilities. Please offer a solution, or tell me it is still under warranty. Thanks for your help! 

Best Answer

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

My Versa 3 which I purchased in July of 2021 worked fine until one day after biking.  It was working and tracked my bike through the outdoors, when I got home I placed it in the charger.  After I showered and changed I found my versa 3 screen black and the watch was at scorching temps.  It turned back on only a few days ago and worked fine fully charged.  The battery then died within 2 hours off the charger.  I’ll most likely buy an Apple Watch after this experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes