Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • Two days ago my Versa 3 stopped working. All that appears on the screen is the Fitbit logo. I have tried multiple times to restart it by holding down the side button for 10 seconds but it just flickers off then on again, the red light on the back flashes once then the logo reappears.
  • I have tried every single step that has been mentioned on other posts with this issue- remove account from app, force stop the app, make sure phone is up to date with latest Android update, uninstall app, remove device from Bluetooth history, turn off Bluetooth, turn off phone for a few minutes then turn back on, check for power saving mode and turn off, reinstall fitbit app, connect Versa 3 to charger, turn Bluetooth on, try setting up device on fitbit account. Nothing works. It doesn't even vibrate when I connect the charger. There is no flashing lights on the back when I pick up the watch. It is essentially a paralysed screen, which is extremely disappointing, especially considering I have had it for less than a year. 
  • If a moderator reads this, please do not ask me to repeat the steps again, as I have done so many times without any success.
  • I'm aware there are quite a few people having the same issue which is simply not good enough. I certainly won't be accepting a '25% off voucher for a new fitbit' as some customers have mentioned they have been offered.
  • Please either rectify this issue immediately or send us all new devices. As loyal customers, we deserve nothing less! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi there, @Astarla_Rein. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3 and your time in trying to troubleshoot the issue before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

As our last resort, I'd recommend trying another factory reset by following the steps below:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

With the above being said, I'd suggest syncing your Versa 3 and removing it from your phone's Bluetooth settings, then proceed with the Factory Reset. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have had the same problem and have just followed your instructions to no avail! What an I supposed to do now, just replace the watch? I'm afraid I can't afford to do that! I still just have the fit bit logo, no phone or set up icon. 😒

Best Answer

I have tried all these options as well. I don't understand how Fitbit can say buy a new one when it is obviously an update issue. My Versa 3 has worked just fine with no issues until Thursday Oct. 12th afternoon. As far as everything I am reading on this forum, this is the same issue and same time all this occured with everyone's devices.

Best Answer

I too am having the same issues and the steps suggest don't work.  Issues also started last Thursday.  I'm not a happy camper.

Best Answer

MarreFitbit's solution worked for me, but you have to get the combination of button presses 100% right - just holding it for a long time and letting go at some point doesn't help.

Took me 3 tries, read exactly what Marre writes, basically:
Hold button, wait for the display to go off but keep holding, wait for the vibration and then release briefly and press again straight away.
The Fitbit logo appears again. As soon as it disappears again (this time without waiting for a vibration), immediately release the button and press it again. Wait for the next vibration and release your finger and wait for the reboot.

This time I got a sound and a big pink X and the message "Data not cleared. Sync & Try again." After I deleted my Versa 3 from the Fitbit app and added a new device, it found the Versa within 2 seconds and the setup started again.

My Versa got stuck on the Logo yesterday after an update. I tried all the solutions from other threads before and nothing helped, I was sure my Versa was dead. Marre's solution here worked for me. Hope it works for you too!

Best Answer

Thank you for saying that ~ I did it many times reading your post & hers again and again and one time the magic finally worked & it reset ~ updated ~ and took me through the process of ‘forget this device’ and resync 😎  I am glad I tried so many times as I didn’t always get the sequence right but eventually it worked ~ I just hope now that it has updated it stays all good ~ as some others said their’s  went out after the update 🤷🏻‍ I appreciate your posting about your success 🍀 it helped me too!!

Best Answer

Same issue here with my Versa 3 (the hubby's as I'm on his platform trying to help out). Force restart at least 10 times, still the logo appears and nothing else. Tried the other slightly different factory reset shared by Marre and it still does nothing.  I bought it just about a year ago for the hubby's Christmas gift.  Looks like I'll have to utilitize the protection plan that I bought with it! URGH!  So frustrating that SOOOOOOOOOO many people are experiencing the same thing!!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my Versa 2 

Best Answer

I echo this recommendation.  My Versa 3 was down for days after going into that weird mode as I was changing the band. I thought it was dead.  Eventually saw the recommendation from the FitBit moderator above but couldn't get it to work and nearly gave up.  But I saw merijo's post above and tried again.  It worked!!!  Patience, patience, patience.   

After going through the install process again everything seems fine.   Thanks to all for posting. 

Best Answer

This just happened to me this morning. No sleep results, fitbit logo showing on watch, won't synch. I'm hoping a resolution comes to us soon!! I just bought this version 2 years ago ' RIDICULOUS if have to buy new every 2 years.

Best Answer

I have the EXACT same problem & mine is also less than a year old. I was just told that mine doesn’t qualify under their warranty.  What HOW?! Clearly this is suddenly an issue with A LOT of people, so FIX IT FitBit, we shouldn’t have to buy a new one in less than a year.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It started yesterday, 12/10. None of the troubleshooting steps get it out of the reboot loop.

Best Answer

Thank you so much! I tried everything to get my Fitbit to reboot. To no avail. Then I came across your post and did exactly what you said to do.... and hallelujah it worked!! I thought I'd be out shopping for a new Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thank goodness for your clear instructions on how to address this. After much time I got to the big pink cross and resolved from there. Once again many many hours resolving Fitbit issues caused by background activity.
Thank YOU again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies all. My grateful thanks were directed to merijo whose instructions saved the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought 2 Versa 3 on 6/03/22.

Both stopped working within 6 weeks of each other. Both are under warranty.

Google offered me another versa 3. After 2 going wrong from the same order, who would do that?

Google/Fitbit is now a joke. By giving 50% off new devices when items turn out faulty, they seem to think people are going to renew their investment in the products that have just failed them.

It's like turkeys voting for Christmas!

I've asked Santa for another brand of fitness band for Christmas...

When Fitbit was Fitbit, the products were good products and when they went wrong, Fitbit were truly sorry.

The way that Google treat us is just a joke.

This is bye bye to the Fitbit brand after 7 years from me.

Best Answer

Same for me dasboot. I’ve been a Fitbit user for about 7 years also. Moving to another product next time. 

Best Answer

1000008584.jpg

1000008585.jpg

Same things happen to me last Thursday.. I've tried everything the fitbit mod said to me. I tried the thing you wrote here and maybe i do it wrong but it is very difficult to do and follow. Nothing works I'm not angry but enraged about the fitbit company because i love the fitbit bracelet and all BUT they keep crashing. Last years i git a issue with my versa 2 that i had over 2 years and they gave me discount for a another one so i got the versa 3. This means i got this one for 1 and a half year only. I don't want a little discount i want a refound!

Best Answer

I have a similar issue except my battery was at 60% this morning when I put it on the charger while I showered.  When I went to put it on this morning it would vibrate show the start icon and after a few seconds the screen would go blank.  I have tried the factory reset listed above and it doesn't work.  It won't hook up to my iPhone and when I try and to hook up to the computer all it does is vibrate and ding when trying to connect to app on computer.  I knew I shouldn't have done the google update.    

Best Answer
0 Votes