Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • Two days ago my Versa 3 stopped working. All that appears on the screen is the Fitbit logo. I have tried multiple times to restart it by holding down the side button for 10 seconds but it just flickers off then on again, the red light on the back flashes once then the logo reappears.
  • I have tried every single step that has been mentioned on other posts with this issue- remove account from app, force stop the app, make sure phone is up to date with latest Android update, uninstall app, remove device from Bluetooth history, turn off Bluetooth, turn off phone for a few minutes then turn back on, check for power saving mode and turn off, reinstall fitbit app, connect Versa 3 to charger, turn Bluetooth on, try setting up device on fitbit account. Nothing works. It doesn't even vibrate when I connect the charger. There is no flashing lights on the back when I pick up the watch. It is essentially a paralysed screen, which is extremely disappointing, especially considering I have had it for less than a year. 
  • If a moderator reads this, please do not ask me to repeat the steps again, as I have done so many times without any success.
  • I'm aware there are quite a few people having the same issue which is simply not good enough. I certainly won't be accepting a '25% off voucher for a new fitbit' as some customers have mentioned they have been offered.
  • Please either rectify this issue immediately or send us all new devices. As loyal customers, we deserve nothing less! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Me too. Please sort this out, Fitbit, with a new device that works or an upgrade that fixes the problem. 

Best Answer

Hi there. Thank you so much for explaining those directions so I can understand them. Lol Unfortunately now my Fitbit is stuck in the data not synced screen with a pink x? I cannot get it to sync or add it to my account on my phone... any suggestions? I've already asked the Fitbit customer service about this but they have not been able to help me so I figured that I would try asking you! Thank you! anything you can suggest to help me with this issue is appreciated!

Abby

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Abby,
I was at the pink X too. You definitely need to remove your Versa 3 from the Fitbit app first and then add a new device and select Versa 3. If it still doesn't find the watch, also try deleting all app data/cache in the phone settings (on Android: Settings > Apps > Manage Apps, search for Fitbit > Clear data), then uninstall the app and reinstall it to make sure there's no old watch data left. You will have to log in again.

But I remember that my Versa 3 was found in a few seconds after I completely removed it from the app and added a new device. So the pink X is actually a good sign. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is it for me.  After trying the instructions 20 times I'm still having no success getting it out of the startup screen.  This is the second dead Versa in 3 years, I'm tired of creating so much electronic waste.  Garmin has a nice selection that seems to last longer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

After months of trying to work this out thinking it was a lost cause, I tried MarreFitbit’s instructions and it’s fiiiinally worked! After competing the instructions the Fitbit turns itself off for a while before resetting. Finally!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue here. Versa 3 stuck on Fitbit logo since 24 hours now. I have tried all instructions for 4 hours now and no pink x or no other messages other than those annoying blue dots.

i hate the side button with all myself now, my finger hurts from pressing that thing so many times.

restarted the phone something like 10 times already, disconnected the device from the app and Bluetooth already, nothing works.

I can’t afford a new one, there must be a way to fix this 😩😩😩😩😩

Best Answer
  • Delete the app from your phone
  • Change the Fitbit up to 100%
  • Reinstall the app
  • Turn the Bluetooth off on your phone for 20 seconds. Turn it back on again
  • Go through the Fitbit installation process on your phone.
  • When it asks you to select a WiFi network, you will need to use WiFi network. It doesn't work with Bluetooth
  • Your phone will then download and update your watch with the new software over WiFi. It doesn't work with Bluetooth

That should work.

I only say this because you look hot and you need to stay this way!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. But since the Fitbit is stuck with the logo screen I can’t add it to the app. 
I tried already a million times and even when trying to factory reset it doesn’t work.

I’ve been trying to contact customer service via webchat but no joy.

So annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes