Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stuck on message "To start download the Fitbit app"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has happened before, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

Unfortunately, before my morning coffee kicked in, I decided to factory reset.

Now it's telling me to install the App to get started.  I already have the App. Now what?

Mom H.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @sopranogardener - a factory reset puts the watch back to its initial state and therefore it has to be installed again in the Fitbit App.

On the connected devices page, Add more devices and select your watch and replace (it may also show as Set up a Device).

Showing the wrong time is normally resolved by fully syncing or forcing a time zone change and back. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @sopranogardener. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Versa 2 is stuck on that message you described. We're here to help you! 

As @Guy_ has mentioned, as per the message on the Fitbit device's screen, it seems that your Versa 2 is asking you to pair it properly. With that being said, I'd suggest doing the following:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Versa 3 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Versa 2 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.

If you can't get started with your Versa 2, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes