Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stuck on "Set up your Wallet"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa 3 constantly defaults to the 'Set up your wallet' screen. I don't want to ever set up a wallet. And I would like to stop seeing this screen whenever I check the Versa 3. Any ideas? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Brennig. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

Usually that screen will appear when opening the wallet app on your watch by either tapping on it or with left button to access to the shortcuts. While it's not possible to delete the wallet app, please give a try to the following steps to reconnect your watch to your account:

1. Remove the Versa 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Versa 3 and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there, @Brennig. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

Usually that screen will appear when opening the wallet app on your watch by either tapping on it or with left button to access to the shortcuts. While it's not possible to delete the wallet app, please give a try to the following steps to reconnect your watch to your account:

1. Remove the Versa 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Versa 3 and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

We want/need a way to stop this obnoxious wallet nag.

It pops up waaaay too often, to the point that it feels like the default watch face.

Best Answer

Hi there, @StopWalletNag. Welcome on board. 

If you're getting the same error message as the original poster, please make sure to follow the tips and recommendations I've shared here

Hope that does the trick for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

you said it best....I dont ever want to set up wallet.  EVER!  Get this D$%M message off my watch!

Best Answer

Hi there, @tomster549. Welcome to the Community Forums. I understand how you must be feeling.

If you want to get rid of that message, please make sure to follow the tips and recommendations I've shared here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I've done this, as you've suggested. I've followed this checklist.

Three times now, I've followed it.

The problem still exists.

In what universe is this an acceptable situation?

Best Answer

Go to Settings -> Shortcuts on the watch and you can disable the press+hold shortcut - which defaults to wallet.

The problem seems to be long presses somehow getting unintentionally triggered from time to time. Seems that the solution was there all along, just rather harder to find than it should have been.

Best Answer

I vote for a software fix to make it go away!  Like.....now.

Best Answer

This solution is not reproducible. Like many others it did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've seen you reply to this question many many times. Your step 3 doesn't even support the original question regarding a Versa 3. I just got one, but I'm wondering if it's outdated already ? The FitBit Pay is useless as you support very few banks, and seemingly only Visa. I wonder if I should have stuck to ApplePay on my AppleWatch ... There is little or no features for Apple and iPhone users. Please prove me wrong 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn’t work for me. I wish we could remove the wallet altogether. It doesn’t work with my bank, so I’ll never be using it. 

Gavin Anderson • Organizer, Outdoor Adventure Meetup • Half Fanatic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering could removing Device lock, if enabled, help?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

StopWalletNag's fix worked for me.

"Go to Settings -> Shortcuts on the watch and you can disable the press+hold shortcut - which defaults to wallet."

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello

I've done 1 and 2 but I can't restart my Versa 3 because it is frozen stuck on Set up Wallet and the button is not responding at all. What do I do now apart from the factory reset? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes