Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stuck on "To start download the Fitbit app" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa3 screen asks to download the fitbit app even after completing the setup on my laptop. This is frustrating. Tried setting up by deleting the device, unpairing from bluetooth, using a new ID. It says Setup complete and ready to use. But the watch still shows to download fitbit app and clock face never shows up

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Vismya, welcome to the Community Forums. I understand why you're feeling frustrated, thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting your Versa 3 prior to posting here. I'll be glad to help you.

To set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. You can’t set up these devices on a Windows 10 device.

Besides the steps you've done, please try doing the following:

• Make sure you've removed your Versa 3 from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa 3 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 3.

If you can't get started with your Versa 3, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Same issue occurred with my watch also

Best Answer

Hi there @Vismya, welcome to the Community Forums. I understand why you're feeling frustrated, thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting your Versa 3 prior to posting here. I'll be glad to help you.

To set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. You can’t set up these devices on a Windows 10 device.

Besides the steps you've done, please try doing the following:

• Make sure you've removed your Versa 3 from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa 3 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 3.

If you can't get started with your Versa 3, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried multiple times, but it's still stuck on my screen 😥 Do you have other ways I could try?

Best Answer

Hi there, @Teyha. Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I've done every step above repeatedly. Uninstalled and reinstalled the FitBit app. Restarted the FitBit Versa 3 multiple times. Bluetooth off, then back on, Wi-Fi on, everything exactly as you listed above. No go. I can't get past the "To start download the fitbit app" message. 

Did the iOS app update mess up the FitBit app?

Best Answer

Really frustrating 😕 . Got the Versa 3 after Ionic was recalled. Had it for a week and it quit.  Got it to restart multiple times,  followed all these instructions and it's still stuck on the startup logo.  This is a flawed device if you have to waste half a day to get it to work. 

Best Answer