Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won’t connect to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a versa 3 to replace my versa 2 so went into app to setup device and followed all the steps but I phone just keeps searching.   I was able to finally connect to my iPad do I have to remove it somehow on my iPad so that it will work on my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @scubasue.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and the steps tried on your own. I'm glad you were able to connect your Versa 3 to your iPad, and let me recommend the following steps to get it synced with your iPhone:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and forget the Versa 3 from that list. Then, turn off the Bluetooth.
  2. Make sure the Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone and open the Fitbit app.
  3. If you aren't logged, enter your credentials to access your account.
  4. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. When asked, tap Pair to sync your Versa 3 to your iPhone.

While you can have the Fitbit app installed on your iPad to check your details, make sure to leave your watch pair only with your iPhone. That way all your features including the notifications will continue working well without any interference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue too. Now won’t connect at all. I’ve deleted the app, reset my Fitbit multiple times (the haptic button is terrible for this by the way, maybe can only hold down long enough to restart 1 out of every 20 tries) and turned on and off Bluetooth multiple times. I’ve had it lose connection many times before but now it will not connect at all. I’ve already forgotten the device in Bluetooth and I’ve tried to readd multiple time but it never recognizes it now. Please help. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem.

Best Answer

Same issue.  Deleted app and reinstalled, but app won't let me log on.  "Oops something went wrong.  Try again. "  is message.  Not sure what to do, sounds like this is issue for lot of people.  

Best Answer

Hi there, @peterbeaulieu19 and @GulleySue@Fflipp Welcome on board.

Thanks for letting us know about your Versa 3, and the steps tried prior to posting. I'm sorry this keeps happening to your watches and as last resort I'd suggest reconnecting your watch to the Fitbit app to see how it goes:

1. Forget your Versa 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Select your Versa 3, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.

@Fflipp Thanks for the additionally details. Please try the steps described above and let me know if you're not able to log into your account. That way I can help you with that matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem.  I have done all the steps above and the watch will not connect to my IPhone.  It was working last night, not this morning, nothing.  I just purchased this about a month ago and should not be having these problems already. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @richwats1976.

Thanks for letting me know about your Versa 3 and your efforts while working on this matter. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've had this experience with your watch. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm glad they're helping you, and please reply back to them if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue after biting a new iPhone. Can’t connect my versa to this phone despite trying all the steps and removing it from my old phone. @LizzyFitbit 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @kasiajk.

Thanks for joining this thread and taking the time to troubleshoot your watch. I'm sorry you're also having this issue and to look into this, may I know what error message is displayed? What is the model and OS version of your phone? If you haven't done so, please check if there is an update pending for the Fitbit app and try reconnecting it one more time.

Best Answer
0 Votes