Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't connect to my iPad or Oppo phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m finding it virtually impossible too link my Versa 3 too my iPad or oppo phone. It’s always been bad, but now virtually impossible.

it’s also difficult too contact support. I don’t have a Twitter account.

I think Fitbit was a bad choice.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @nwae61. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. 

Please note that you can use both, your iPad and Oppo devices. However, if you haven't set up your Versa 3 yet, try setting it up with one of the two devices while the other remains with the Bluetooth turned off or better yet, try turning off your mobile device.

Once you've managed to set up your Versa 3, on the second device, open the Fitbit app, log into your account, grant any permissions requested and the Versa 3 should then sync. However, is very important to turn off the Bluetooth on one device when you want to sync with the other.

Bear in mind that your Fitbit device can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

The data from your Versa 3 is sent to the Fitbit cloud. After the data has been processed it will be put into your Fitbit account. Now your Fitbit account has access to and will display the data. Opening the app on a second device/phone/tablet will have access to the same data and a sync is not needed if a sync recently occurred through a different device.

For more information, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? and/or How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

As for getting in touch with our Support Team in other channel besides Twitter, please see the information shared by @Odyssey13

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @nwae61  a compatible phone must have a minimum of Android 10 or iOS14.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone and iPad are both up to date. This is an ongoing problem. Thankfully this Fitbit was provided by my work as an experiment. I would ever buy one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @nwae61. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. 

Please note that you can use both, your iPad and Oppo devices. However, if you haven't set up your Versa 3 yet, try setting it up with one of the two devices while the other remains with the Bluetooth turned off or better yet, try turning off your mobile device.

Once you've managed to set up your Versa 3, on the second device, open the Fitbit app, log into your account, grant any permissions requested and the Versa 3 should then sync. However, is very important to turn off the Bluetooth on one device when you want to sync with the other.

Bear in mind that your Fitbit device can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

The data from your Versa 3 is sent to the Fitbit cloud. After the data has been processed it will be put into your Fitbit account. Now your Fitbit account has access to and will display the data. Opening the app on a second device/phone/tablet will have access to the same data and a sync is not needed if a sync recently occurred through a different device.

For more information, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? and/or How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

As for getting in touch with our Support Team in other channel besides Twitter, please see the information shared by @Odyssey13

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer