Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have gone into the versa settings and tried to pair, but my phone won't connect to it. I dont know if this is a watch problem or phone problem. Does anyone know if there is a problem connecting these settings with older samsung phones?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Which phone do you have and is it on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi there @Marina41, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having to connect your Versa 3 to your phone, I understand where your concern is coming from. I'll be glad to help you. 

As @Odyssey13 asked, in order to know if the issue is coming from the phone you're using we'd like to know which is it. Know Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher, Android OS 7.0 or higher, and Windows 10 version 1607.0 or higher. For the latest list of devices that support the Fitbit app for Android, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

However, I recommend making sure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your network type is compatible with your watch. Then move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed. For more information, see: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

Please note if you found out that your phone isn't a fully supported device, this will affect how your Versa 3 connects and works with the Fitbit app. While there isn't a guarantee that it'll always work, let's try the following steps to reconnect your device:

1. Remove the Versa 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when doing this process.
  3. On you phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, and tap on force stop.
  5. Then reboot your phone one more time, and restart your Versa 3.
  6. Open the Fitbit app and setup your Versa 3.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, I was wondering if you have other apps running on the background when this happens? If you've not done so, I'd recommend to uninstall the Fitbit app, and reinstall it again.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Any phone in general

Best Answer

This fix worked the first time i tried it. my phone wasn't connecting to my watch, and I lost most of the features when my watch-face changed itself. All seems to be good now. Thanks. 

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened today. The watch face changed itself and then I couldn't sync. This solution worked perfectly. Thanks MarreFitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They had to send me 5 versa 3's before I could get to sync. Refused to refund when I asked after about the 3rd one. Then finally the 5th one would sync for about a year. Now that warranty is up, I have to manually sync to my Samsung A51 every time. So done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes