Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't receive notifications from a Samsung A6 phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

we have purchased a fit bit versa 3 for my mother in law.

she has a Samsung A6 and the watch doesn’t receive any notifications.

is this phone supported for this watch or not?

Update: 

The watch has notifications set to on as soon any options within the fit bit app.

Being used to Apple products the watch is very clunky to operate 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Pip008. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with the Versa 3. 

Please note that you can choose 1 app per category. The most common apps for these features are:

• Calls—Dialer
  • Text messages—Messages
  • Calendar events—Calendar
  • Emails—Gmail

However, for "Text Messages" section you can only select your primary text messaging app (that can be WhatsApp, your phone's default Message app or any other). Nevertheless, in "App Notifications" section you can select more apps, for example if you decided that for your primary text messaging app you want it to be WhatsApp, in App Notifications you can enable Messages app.

For more information, as @Guy_ has suggested, please see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

HI @Pip008  - in principle the phone has Android 10 which is compatible.

Also if you loaded the Fitbit App and have the latest it almost certainly is.

To be sure check the Fitbit App version against What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? and Fitbit-compatible devices

Also check for the notifications How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Pip008. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with the Versa 3. 

Please note that you can choose 1 app per category. The most common apps for these features are:

• Calls—Dialer
  • Text messages—Messages
  • Calendar events—Calendar
  • Emails—Gmail

However, for "Text Messages" section you can only select your primary text messaging app (that can be WhatsApp, your phone's default Message app or any other). Nevertheless, in "App Notifications" section you can select more apps, for example if you decided that for your primary text messaging app you want it to be WhatsApp, in App Notifications you can enable Messages app.

For more information, as @Guy_ has suggested, please see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes