Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't receive notifications when phone is 10 yards away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just sent myself some emails with my phone 10 yards away from me and my Versa 3. I did not receive any notification on my watch. I gradually moved the phone closer,5 yards 2 yards and then right next to me. The only time I received any notification was when the phone was right beside me. The Bluetooth range should be much better than that. I had the phone in my line of sight at all times, with no walls interfering.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is not receiving notifications from your phone when it's 10 yards away, I understand where your concern is coming from. I'll be glad to help you.

Please check if your mobile phone is included here: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Are you getting any error message? If you haven't done so yet, please follow the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why are notifications delayed or missing?

Please know Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher, Android OS 7.0 or higher, and Windows 10 version 1607.0 or higher. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, we provide assistance and troubleshooting steps. Because your phone or tablet is not fully compatible with Fitbit devices, we can't guarantee syncing and other Fitbit features. 

We're looking forward to your response, let us know if you need further help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tries all of the above. I receive an email notification when the phone is right beside me. I put it on another desk 6 feet away and no notification received. This Versa 3 is casing me all kinds of grief. I expect much more from a $300 investment. Back to Best Buy tomorrow, and will look at a Garmin Active 2

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My Versa 2 worked just fine when I would leave my phone in the living room and go to the bedroom. The Versa 3 does not. I can't even use the Find My Phone feature. I have a brand new Samsung galaxy so there should be no issues there.

Best Answer
0 Votes