Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't respond to anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At first the screen would not come on, I tried the reset by holding down the button but nothing happened. 

I left it charging for more than 2 hours but nothing happened when I tried pressing the button. 

I then tried charging it in a laptop USB port, the logo immediately came on followed by a "0%" indication. It then came off. I've unplugged and plugged it back on since then on both the laptop and wall charger but nothing. I can't press the button , or where I try to press doesn't feel like it used to, its very hard. 

Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @TKC6. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before posting here. 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, I suggest trying the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Versa 3 using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above doesn't work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hello, @CT47. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Niftypins Thanks for stopping by here! I appreciate you already took the time to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit devices.

I've seen you both contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance. I hope we can get you back on track soon!

Hey, @KhethaB. Welcome on board. Thank you so much for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I had this in November and had to have a replacement as the button failed to work even though the watch was working in recording activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has just happened to me overnight. Versa 3 started wigging out yesterday, wouldn't let me start any exercises. So tried to restart and it just kept blanking over and over. Put it on charge and have woken up to it fully dead this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CT47 - it may not necessarily be a watch problem, first follow the steps in How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

If the watch is damaged from water getting in, it may not resolve the issue and can need replacing under warranty, if still applicable.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I just had the same problem and chatted with Customer Support - they told me to "Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on the screen and then release the button"

Try and see if it helps.

Best Answer

Hi there, @TKC6. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before posting here. 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, I suggest trying the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Versa 3 using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above doesn't work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hello, @CT47. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Niftypins Thanks for stopping by here! I appreciate you already took the time to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit devices.

I've seen you both contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance. I hope we can get you back on track soon!

Hey, @KhethaB. Welcome on board. Thank you so much for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer