Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't respond to anything

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 will not reset screen will flash intermittently and the go black I have tried resetting using instructions also tried connected to power supply and it does not reset 

Update: Screen stays black 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @gadavis. Thanks for stopping by in the forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3.

If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest trying the following steps:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above doesn't work, I recommend performing a factory reset on your Versa 3:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. Now you can set up you Fitbit device. To do so, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have tried all the resets - the fitbit is still tracing my activities and sends the info to my fitbit account. The screen will just not stay on. It is black, once in a whilte it will show the clock and then go black again. I have tried all the reset holding the button plugging in - I let the device connected to power supply and tried that reset also. I can feel the vibrations when I hold the button. the lights flash on the back of the of the fitbit. and it charges  and tracks activities.

Best Answer

I have cleaned the connections, and tried.the.factory reset several.times. the watch shows a black screen or the logo (and it vibrates) on and off constantly.  Both when charging or not. The last update was saturday 03182023. Since then, it has been in this condition. It will not sync either.

Best Answer
0 Votes