Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't stay connected to my iPhone 13's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa 3 and iPhone are physically separated enough to break the bluetooth connection, when they are back in close proximity, they do not automatically reconnect.  At this point I am no longer able to receive notifications of calls or text messages.  Also, find my phone no longer works.

In order to reconnect, I have to open the iPhone's bluetooth settings and connect to the Versa 3 manually.  That is a really stupid thing to have to continuously do.

How do I make the Versa 3 and iPhone automatically reconnect after the bluetooth connection is broken.

Versa 3:  36.128.6.12

iPhone 13:  15.1

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @JohnZ513. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend the following steps in order:

1. Remove the Bluetooth connection between your iOS device and your Fitbit device: On your phone, go to Settings, Bluetooth, the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device and then Forget This Device.
  2. Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device and please turn your phone off and back on 
  3. Restart your Fitbit device. See How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Once your phone and Fitbit device are back on, turn on Bluetooth and try the set up process again. If you have trouble connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @JohnZ513. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend the following steps in order:

1. Remove the Bluetooth connection between your iOS device and your Fitbit device: On your phone, go to Settings, Bluetooth, the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device and then Forget This Device.
  2. Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device and please turn your phone off and back on 
  3. Restart your Fitbit device. See How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Once your phone and Fitbit device are back on, turn on Bluetooth and try the set up process again. If you have trouble connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this several times. I even noted though there are two ways to "turn off" Bluetooth on iPhone 13, and that only by going into Settings can I truly turn my iPhone's Bluetooth off. In that way, after I restart my iPhone, the Bluetooth is automatically left off. Still, I only get advice from the setup process to check that my Versa 3 is powered on. Then to turn off Bluetooth on my phone, and turn it back on. Then restart my Versa 3. This I have done several times to no avail. Background: It's been working for months and Bluetooth now not working for my Versa 3. My wife has same type phone and fitbit but no problems. My phone picks up on my other bluetooth device just fine (I made sure it was not close by when setting and re-setting up my fitbit device!). My Versa 3 still works, just can't connect to the "outside world".

Anything else to try or should I throw in the towel?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done these steps in order several times!  It still is not staying connected!  I’ve tried everything. Has been happening for 3 solid days. Totally g draining the battery on my Versa3. Please help’

Best Answer

This post may be helpful not syncing properly with iOS 15.5

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

this keeps happening over and over and over. I am done! 

Best Answer

I haven’t been able to get notifications for a year now. I’ve called twice for support and they haven’t helped. I’ve tried everything above and that hasn’t helped either. I now have a new iPhone and it still doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

I am right there with you. I have a Apple iPhone 13 promax. I have gotten my notifications one time for a day and have not had them since I’ve had this for about a year I just gave up.

Best Answer
0 Votes