Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't stay connected to my iPhone XR's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My two day old versa 3 won’t stay connected to my phone’s Bluetooth and the versa 3 controls won’t either. When I open the Fitbit app to look at my stats I keep getting the same message (see picture attached) asking to pair my versa 3. 
I have an iPhone XR so I can’t see this being an issue?
Please give any advice possible. 

67F16ACF-D6AD-4611-B7B1-9B80134D650D.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Jessica.rose. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for the image attached. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Since you mentioned to have been prompted to pair via Bluetooth regularly, may I know what happens when you accept this request? You'll need to accept the pair prompt so your watch can sync automatically, receive notifications and appear in the Bluetooth settings as a connected device.

If nothing happens when accepting that prompt and if you haven't done so, I recommend trying the following in the given order: 

1. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your Versa 3.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Choose your watch and follow the onscreen instructions. Try the pairing process when prompt.

On a side note, please keep in mind that the Fitbit app is compatible with most iPhones and iPads. To make sure your version is supported, check fitbit.com/devices. To learn more about using your Fitbit device with your iPhone or iPad, watch this video.

As for the Versa 3 Controls, note that they might be listed as “Not Connected” in the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone. When you receive a phone call, the controls automatically reconnect. This feature requires more frequent charging. For more information, see How do I take on-wrist phone calls with my Fitbit smartwatch? 

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Jessica.rose. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for the image attached. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Since you mentioned to have been prompted to pair via Bluetooth regularly, may I know what happens when you accept this request? You'll need to accept the pair prompt so your watch can sync automatically, receive notifications and appear in the Bluetooth settings as a connected device.

If nothing happens when accepting that prompt and if you haven't done so, I recommend trying the following in the given order: 

1. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your Versa 3.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Choose your watch and follow the onscreen instructions. Try the pairing process when prompt.

On a side note, please keep in mind that the Fitbit app is compatible with most iPhones and iPads. To make sure your version is supported, check fitbit.com/devices. To learn more about using your Fitbit device with your iPhone or iPad, watch this video.

As for the Versa 3 Controls, note that they might be listed as “Not Connected” in the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone. When you receive a phone call, the controls automatically reconnect. This feature requires more frequent charging. For more information, see How do I take on-wrist phone calls with my Fitbit smartwatch? 

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not helpful. Syncing works for a little while then disconnects. I have to keep adding a new device.

also - doesn’t show up on my Bluetooth list.

Best Answer
0 Votes