Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Please help. I'm honestly SO frustrated! I previously had an inspire 3 that wouldn't stay connected to my phone, so after a year of having to uninstall and reinstall the app almost daily, I opted for a Versa 3. 

Well, I have even had the Versa 3 for a full week and I already have the same issue! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it just last night and low and behold, this morning my watch no longer receives notifications! 

In the app it says, "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker." A phone restart has NEVER worked. Things I've tried: 

• Restarting the phone and watch
  • Clearing data and cache
  • Disabling all notifications and re-enabling them 
  • Uninstall the app and reinstall it

As mentioned , the last step is the only thing that works, but please tell me I'm not going to have to do this EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of my time with it ?! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @HollAll. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still not staying connected to your phone's Bluetooth. I understand how you must be feeling, I will do my best to help you with this. 

Since you're getting this error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”,  I'd like to provide the following steps that actually work for Huawei users, but if you own an Android device I will recommend giving them a try as well:

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MarreFitbit ! 

These instructions seemed to help! I no longer see the error message and I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall! 

I can let you know if it happens again.

Thank you! 

Best Answer

@HollAll You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you're no longer getting the error message. I will be around if you need further assistance! 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes