Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When syncing my Versa 3 in my app it is asking me to forget my device in Bluetooth and re-pair my watch with my phone ? Why? I Have to do that each time I open my app on my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Where is it that your being asked? 

Have you checked the time of the last sync? You tracker should sync a few times every hour, even without opening. 

While you may remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. The user will not be able to pair.. Simply opening the fitbit app should prompt the user to ask for permission to pair the tracker. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Sunshine1983. Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I know the model of your mobile phone? Please make sure it meets the requirements listed here.

Despite meeting the above requirements, the following devices often exhibit compatibility issues that cause our products and services to not operate properly:

• Huawei P8 Lite
  • Huawei P9 Lite 
  • Xiaomi Mi 6 
  • Huawei P20 Lite 
  • See these additional instructions for help resolving any issues using the Fitbit app on this device.

If your phone is not on the list above and meets the requirements to operate properly with the Fitbit app, please try the steps below:

1. Remove the Versa 3 from your phone's Bluetooth settings and in the Fitbit app.
2. Restart your Versa 3.
3. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
4. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
5. Set up your Versa 3.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 8 plus 

I disconnected my Fitbit and restarted my phone with Fitbit forgotten on my phone and still have the problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

When you say forgotten @Sunshine1983 do you mean that you removed the Fitbit from the Bluetooth? 

Removing the tracker from the fitbit app, will only remove the tracker from the fitbit account. We still would need to fix the sync issue. 

Best Answer

@Sunshine1983 Sorry @Sunshine1983 But I think your Bluetooth chip is broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might have to replace the Bluetooth chip. @Sunshine1983 

Best Answer
0 Votes