Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't track my sleep data accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am beyond frustrated with the sleep tracker. At *best* it catches maybe 3 hours of sleep a night.  I guarantee I am sleeping more than that.

I have tried all the various hints and have chatted with the live help, and it isn't getting any better.

I bought this because it had good reviews as a sleep tracker and I am interested in how much time I am awake vs. asleep. 

I don't know at this point if I am asking for help or just ranting. I really do want this to work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there, @Bookwyrme. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Since your issue is still not solved and you've already reported this to our Support Team, please feel free to contact them back by providing the reference number you were giving during your chat so they can continue assisting you. 

Nevertheless, I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have also have this problem. Always i get a number of quaility but the last 5 days i only get a simple display 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Claudia1977 Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post.

As suggested above, please see Why didn't I see stages today? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit hasn't given a sleep score for 5 nights. I've tried everything and called your support and all settings are good and I was supposed to get a solution email today but I don't have it yet. the stress score is also not measured and is not given a grade here. I would like you to solve this problem, if it does not resolve quickly I will decide to switch to another metk tracker after 6 years
I have been using various fitbits for over 6 years and I am now very dissatisfied!

Update: Monday I even went back to the store and got a new versa 3 within the warranty because it seemed that the sensors were not working properly, but this new one also does not measure sleep and stress score and the lights are on...

907A839B-3052-4B5D-98D6-F5BE8CE58C6B.png

Please read my messages and pic below

Before i forget, my phone, IOS and app is fully up to date

Moderator Edit:  Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please read my messages and pic below

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,

The thing is, I have done all that. And also restarted and also gone back to factory settings.

Everything is fully charged and up to date.

I have a hard time thinking I've been sleeping wrong for a couple of months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No i dont think it is a sleeping problem i think it is a bug want more friends do not have a sleep scores and i not sleeping for 5 days of more you can not function 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me, had a Versa Lite and worked fine until January the sleep stopped tracking, after going back and forth with Fitbit they determined that my versa lite was faulty and offered me money off a new one, I bought a new Versa 3 in February and am still having the same problems so I’ve wasted money buying a new device when it wasn’t necessary !! Fitbit need to be honest with us and stop feeding us all the generic fix tips that don’t work ….just own up to the fact that they have an issue and get it sorted !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just leave Fitbit en go to Apple, that is wat i did because Fitbit does not help me to fix the problem….

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get an answer regarding the sleep tracker? Mine worked for a bit then now it just tells me "no score."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that too, I made a report and got a sleep score again for a single night and then again for a few days without. every time I made a report to fitbit but always got the same answer, that my band was too tight or too loose or that the latest update was on it or the update of my phone. I even reset everything to factory settings but that didn't help either. after 11 days of no sleep and stress score I was done with it even though I was very satisfied with filtbit for 7 years before the versa 3 I switched to an apple watch and that gives me peace of mind

Best Answer
0 Votes