Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't turn on after a factory reset

I did a factory reset on my versa 3 and it just went black and wouldn't turn on after that. I've charged it, pressed the buttons for as long as 3 mins straight, pressed and held the buttons while on the charger, changed the charger, cleaned it. It does vibrate but that's all. It will also continue to vibrate for a few mins after I let go of the buttons but it never shows a logo or anything. Just stays black. Should I just throw it out at this point? I feel like I've done everything.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Rneiland. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still unresponsive. I will do my best to help you with this!

Is the screen of your Versa 3 blank? Does it show the Fitbit logo or so?

Since your Versa 3 is still vibrating, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above doesn't work, I'd suggest performing another factory reset on your Versa 3. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

With the above being said, please proceed with the steps below in the order listed: 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes