Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't turn on or charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I was wearing it while working out and it just died.

It wouldn't turn on or charge. 

I cleaned it and left it on the charger over night and nothing.

This is getting frustrating  😒.  I have done this to many times with this fitbit and I may be changing companies. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there, @gigiv. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

As a first approach, please try restarting your Versa 3. For instruction, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and you haven't felt a vibration on your watch during this process, confirm that you've tried the following steps:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Versa 3 using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello there, @gigiv. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

As a first approach, please try restarting your Versa 3. For instruction, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and you haven't felt a vibration on your watch during this process, confirm that you've tried the following steps:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Versa 3 using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue have done all the steps but screen is pitch black and still not charging. Quite sad.

Best Answer

Having same issues for 2 weeks 

Very disappointed, got it to start charging the other night, received the issue with power plugged it in with a block & another outlet and now nothing 

Best Answer

I have tried all of these things and my Fitbit won’t turn back on. It got really hot, was burning my  wrist and jus died

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  It hasn’t worked right since I did the last update, screen won’t scroll all the way to either side so nothing works, it randomly pops up to switch watch faces, randomly goes bright and dim.  Haven’t found a way to stop it.  It died yesterday morning at work, took it home and started charging it, but no response.  After a few hours on the charger I got the Fitbit blue logo but it wouldn’t turn all the way on.  It vibrated a few times and then no response.  Left it on the charger all night, still won’t turn on.

this is my second one with trouble I’m about done struggling with Fitbit 

Best Answer

I purchased a Versa 3 in April of 2021 and am on my fifth device.  Luckily they have all died well inside of the warranty period and Fitbit keeps sending me a new one (free) ... but none of them have lasted more than 5 months.  The same issue as above.  It is working just fine then one day it dies out of nowhere. No ability to charge, no indication it is dying -- simply shuts down and that's the end of it.

Clearly the device had an engineering problem. I'm trying to downgrade to a more durable device or will just switch companies.  I had a Sense to begin with and it had the same problem in a matter of months so I finally tried the Versa.

Seems odd a fitness device can't seem to withstand any fitness conditions (sweat on the skin).

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I've followed all the steps for restarting multiple times and still the same results. Is there any other way to get it to start back up? Thanks for any guidance.

Best Answer

UPDATE:  Fitibit will not provide another device despite my current device dying within 2 months of receiving, so I am officially out of the Fitbit world.  Five devices dying in the same manner in 2 years is pretty ridiculous for a $200 device.  While I may have gotten my money's worth it wasn't without constant work and downtime waiting for new devices to arrive.  On to Whoop to see if their devices are more durable (since you don't pay for the actual device with Whoop).

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I contacted fitbit was told it was out of warranty and was offered 35% off a new product. Versa 3 is no longer available.  I've had it 2 years.  Too expensive of a device to last only 2 years and then the company won't replace it.  So disappointing.  

I've done these things.  It won't turn on or charge. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting 

Best Answer

Having the same issue.  Tried restarting.  IT drained to 0%.  Tried a new USB port and bought a new charging cord as well.  NOTHING.  Its just a black screen, no vibrating, nothing.  Ive done everything above FITBIT said and it still doesn't work.  I use this when working out and Im sad that it quit working.  I will be looking into a new device (other brands) after reading this happens often to Fitbits.  You would think there would be a solution to this.

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit, I have exactly the same issue and I cannot fix it.

My fitbit was working fine and then one day just went black and turned off. Whatever I do I cannot restart it. When plugged in, it just says 0%, no matter how long I charge it for. There is no vibration, just dead.

I have tried all your troubleshoot points  but nothing has worked, please help!

Many thanks.

Loz

Best Answer

Unfortunately the seals on some watches aren't so robust and also fail over time allowing moisture to get in and cause internal damage.

If you made sure the watch is properly cleaned and the charge cable is not faulty a sudden watch failure is normally an indication of internal damage.

Note, if it gets hot while on charge stop immediately.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
I took care of my watch. Seems many other people have watches that crapped out in 2 years. And now the Versa 3 is no longer available.  Clearly they knew there an issue.Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pambart - the Versa 3 can still be available in the shops but Fitbit make more money by marketing only the more expensive watches.

It should be noted that the newer models don't have all the features of the older ones.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
I couldn't get anyone to do anything except offer a discount on buying another one. Bunch of crap.Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer

Planned obsolescence at its finest or just a poor quality product, IMHO. I have the same problem and support cannot seem to resolve the problem other than to purchase another one of their products. This is my second one and I am DONE with Fitbit!

---------

I am done with Fitbit products. This is my second device and unable to resolve problem even with help from support. 

time to move onto another product and advise others as to poor quality purchase. Not worth the money if you are very active and sweet during workouts!

Best Answer