Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't turn on or charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 was working fine yesterday. It was about 80% charged when I went to sleep. Didn't notice anything wrong all day. On my way to the gym today, I felt a double vibration. Look down, watch dead. Check app, it hasn't been tracking all day. Attempted to charge when I got home, nothing. It happened before when my watch was under warranty. It was replaced. Is this a common issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @MsAugust. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still not turning on or charging. I understand where your concern is coming from, I will do my best to help you with this!

As a first approach, please note that sometimes a Fitbit doesn’t seem to be charging when actually the issue is that it has become unresponsive (this can happen if the battery has been allowed to discharge completely). I'd recommend putting it on to charge on a charging wire and outlet known to be working.  Leave it on the charger for a good two hours, even if it doesn’t seem to be charging.  

When it has had two hours, try restarting your Versa 3.I would recommend trying this maybe twice in a row if a first try doesn’t work.

Additionally, please find below some tips to best charge Fitbit devices:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable or your base station can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

Regarding your inquiry, please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy  is set into providing as much coverage as we can. For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes