Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 wrong heart rate readings when there's loud music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is normally quite accurate at measuring my heartbeat, but recently I’ve attended three, quite loud concerts, and each time the reading shoots up into the early hundreds! Obviously a concern, I do a manual pulse reading and it’s at my normal 50 to 60 when sitting. It only happens when there’s loud music. I’ve done resets, checked wearing position, all ok. The only variable is the loud music. Last week it said I’d done 120 minutes of Fat Burn in a 3 hour period whilst I was sitting down. Is the watch sensitive to loud music, bass, etc? I’d just like to know why I’m getting these false readings when I’ve done resets, and everything else works ok? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

HI @Vulcanbomber - it may be you are moving in time to the music and the recent watches can get very inaccurate when there are repetitive movements or during exercise. Of course they are very sensitive to the slightest movement so can pick up regular movements and clapping for instance. They should be be more accurate when there is no movement.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I realize this thread is months old but this just happened to me at an indoor arena concert. My Charge was saying that my HR was way higher than it really was. My husband who studied music for a long time said that his Charge was actually picking up the beat time of the music and not his HR at all. Different watch but likely same issue. 

Best Answer

Seems like nothings changed then! I went to Coldplay in Cardiff last week, and we were standing up having a little jiggle as you do, and during Viva la Vida, according to my watch my heartbeat was at 172 bpm! I’m 62 so I should’ve been dead! Did the usual manual test of checking my pulse, and it was around 80. Apparently according to Fitbit I’d done 85 minutes of cardiac zone activity that day, when the most exercise I’d had was walking to and from the stadium! Sometimes they’re a blinkin’ liability if you ask me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes