Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Bluetooth paired to headphones erratic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am disgusted trying to listen to music on my Versa. I have paired several earphones over and over and always the music played jumps around and skips horribly. I have reset Versa and done everything I can think of. Can I get a solution or I have to return this. Very poor performance. 

By by the way all earphones used pair and perform perfect on other devices. 

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

@Kwpete A few questions:

• By jumps and skips you mean the tracks skip? Or there's static and general poor playback quality?
  • Are you playing music directly from your Versa or do you have BT buds connected to Versa and are using the tracker to control playback on your phone? If yes, then what music player/service are you using?
  • If you're playing music from Versa directly, have you tried turning off bluetooth on other nearby devices including your phone just to test if there's an interference?
  • What's your phone model, OS, Versa firmware version and Fitbit mobile app version?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Difficult to respond and describe what I hear but I will try. Sound is badly broken up and distorted. It comes on and constantly cuts out. It is like distorted on for second and then off, then on and then off, on and off. Just keeps repeating. St times it even speeds the sound track up like a fast forwarding.

I am playing music directly from Versa to a Bluetooth earbud. I have turned off devices near to make sure of no interference. I have reset Versa a few times. No other device I have exhibits this issue.

I have an iPhone 6S, OS is 12.1.2. Versa firmware is 32.33.1.30. Fitbit mobile app version is 33.1.30.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Kwpete, there are some users that are experiencing connecting issues with third party headphones and their Versa, like static, loose connection and so on. Please note that our team is aware and working towards a solution.

Thanks for your help @Marrrmaduke!

I will appreciate your time and patience! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@Kwpete Thank you for answering my questions. Thank you @HeydyF for updating us. @Kwpete, I would try a different BT audio device just to test if it's not your erabuds. With BT compatibility, it's always a two-way street. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will try another as soon as I can. Just got rid of one. But the one I am now using works perfect with several sources with no issues. I will let you know. I will bother a high end device and see if there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwpete Don't invest in anything expensive until you test. Perhaps you could borrow from someone. I have Bose SoundSport Wireless and love them. Don't get Beats.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwpete Thanks! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
As a follow up I tried a couple more BT earbuds and a earphones. The earbuds had the same issues. I could never get the earphones to pair yet they had no difficulty pairing with any other device. I do find pairing to be awkward even on earbuds.

My opinion is the Fitbit software is faulty or possibly the receive bandwidth/sensitivity is far too wide and sensitive allowing overload of the front end.

It is just not acceptable in a device of this cost level.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwpete Just a silly question, as most of earbuds on the market will allow for pairing to only one device at a time, have you reset them BEFORE attempting to connect to Versa? Reset, put in the pairing mode and try to connect?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have reset many times. No change. I will keep trying but does not look good.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I will give up. I have additional features that operate sporadic now. My opinion is either a faulty device or software is faulty. I can not recommend this product to others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwpete really sorry to hear that. I know that there are some brands like Airpods and Beats that have been problematic, but it's indeed weird that all tested buds fail. I would try one more thing before reaching out to Customer Support:

1. Remove WiFi Network from Fitbit mobile app
  2. Sync your tracker
  3. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone
  4. Reboot your tracker
  5. Put earbuds in the pairing mode
  6. Pair Versa with the buds

Sorry, I couldn't help more.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe this should put an end to the horrible music reception on the Fitbit Versa, once and for all:

JLAB JBuds Air,

Signature Series,

True Wireless

$49.95

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have any issue with bluetooth headphones and Versa for nearly six months.  Everything worked fine until the most recent firmware upgrade.  Ever since then the music has been choppy/skipping as being reported by everyone else.  I've tried two different headphones and no change.  Like others have reported, if there is ANYTHING in the way between the fitbit and the bluetooth device (ie my arm), the music is choppy/skippy.  If I turn my wrist (so there is literally a line of sight between the fitbit and the headphone), music fine.

I'm not sure what was in the latest firmware, but they need to roll it back to take care of this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hooah, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you Bluetooth headphones are no longer connecting to your Versa. 

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting you tried prior to contacting us. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I had a similar experience with my Ionic a few months back, so I'd like to suggest to try the steps that worked for me. So, please turn off Bluetooth on your phone while listening to music on your smartwatch, or any other device the headphones might be paired with.

My headphones were paired with my phone as well as my Ionic. I was running out of the zone for my phone. Not so much an Ionic issue, as the way my headphones handle loosing connection to a device. I've removed the pairing to my phone and since then I'm all good.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the quick response MarreFitbit.

I have tried turning off the bluetooth on my phone and that did not help.  Also, when I am out running, I am well outside the range for my headphones to connect to my phone.

Like I said, the ONLY way I have been able to keep the music from stuttering is to keep the Versa in a line of sight with my headset, which basically means I have to keep my left are somewhat in front of me, with the palm facing down.  As you might imagine, that is not a good or efficient running position.

It was working just fine until I had to do a firmware upgrade to the Versa a week or two ago.  So, maybe the engineers can figure out what in that firmware upgrade is causing the issue and reverse it.

Thank you and I look forward to the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried this. The Versa watch is the only device I have that cannot
handle music of all my devices. So I suspect you have a software problem.

I will check again but doubt it will work. Otherwise it is a great product.

Ken
--
Ken Peterson
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Hooah! Thanks for getting back and the details provided. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product and the firmware update. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes