Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Charger won't let me restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charger provided with the fitbit versa doesn't allow you to press the necessary buttons to restart it. Any suggestions? I've looked around and I can't find a compatible charger for the versa that allows me to access to the buttons.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

The Versa doesn't need to be on the charger in order to restart it, unlike some other fitbit models.

The versa is restarted by:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
Best Answer

I'm talking more of needing to do a hard reset to factory. The screen went blank. I know the device is charging/charged because you can see the green light emitting from the bottom of the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

A standard restart would be a better thing to try first but if you want to factory reset it then it will be a problem with no screen. The manual says:

"A factory reset erases all apps and personal data from Versa, including cards you added in your Wallet. If you want to give Versa to another person or wish to return it for a refund, first complete a factory reset: On Versa, open the Settings app ( ) > About > Factory Reset."

from: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Best Answer

@SteveH wrote:

A standard restart would be a better thing to try first but if you want to factory reset it then it will be a problem with no screen. The manual says:

"A factory reset erases all apps and personal data from Versa, including cards you added in your Wallet. If you want to give Versa to another person or wish to return it for a refund, first complete a factory reset: On Versa, open the Settings app ( ) > About > Factory Reset."

from: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

• @SteveH, OP cannot see their screen so they cannot navigate the menus. I do not know if there is a solution to a blank screen. Can the mods assist? Thank you.
★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

A factory reset will remove the tracker from your account and delete any unsynced data along with voiding Fitbit pay.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer