Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

@clhawkins63 wrote:
Kohls pays fitbit for their products to sell, they don't get them for
free. It's a wash and kohls did the right thing. Fitbit is a crappy
company. They don't stand behind their products that break easily. Or
offer coverage or protection.

Great that Kohls took care of you. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that weren't so lucky. I've had the Blaze for 2.5 years and no cracked screen. And I'm pretty sure the Versa and Blaze have the same Gorilla glass. You cracked yours in 5 days? Impressive! haha. Fitbit DOES offer damage protection, but you have to buy the Tracker from their store, Not a retailer. Some retailers have a better protection plan option than Fitbit too. My feeling was it's a small touch screen. It's not meant to get knocked around too much. I try to be mindful of contact on that wrist. Hasn't always worked, but still no cracks. 

Best Answer
I purchased screen protectors and have had no problems since. Don't know
how the other screen cracked.. wasn't being rough with it... seemed like a
stress crank from corner to corner.
Best Answer
0 Votes

True. But they wont tell you that they CANNOT replace your screen!!!! Must i now just chuck my watch away and buy a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please can you confirm who you were in contact with. I am having the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't remember, ...it was back in may.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also cracked in the top upper lefthand corner within days of having it. It is clearly a design flaw as I have never had this issue with any other fitbit I have owned and the comments show that this is not isolated. Fitbit should replace their faulty product but unfortunately we are stuck with the broken watches. Thanks fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear my watch to work at an office and I run. I am not mountain climbing, crawling through trenches or any other brawn activity. There is clearly an issue with the quality of the screens used if so many people are having the screen crap so easily for no apparent reason. Especially when normal activity consists of walking, running or sitting in an office chair. However, your input is very valid and we are stuck with the junk watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even if we were mountain climbing and crawling through trenches, it should break. That’s what it’s for after all? Exercise, sport, swimming, tracking your workouts? Fitbit seriously need to up their game cause trust me, I’ll never buy one and neither will anyone in my social circle after this rubbish! Only a matter of time before too many of your rubbish watches start breaking and people realize that they have wasted their money and will never support Fitbit again!!!!!!!!! Fix your watches for god sakes! 

Best Answer

My son cracked his screen and had it replaced with a Squaretrade warranty. I strongly suggest them. Another Ionic we have had a crack, too, and I used a windshield repair resin on it to see if it would fix the crack. The crack isn’t “gone” but i put a screen protector on it and am using it still. The resin flowed through the body to the back of the watch, as well.  This didn’t ruin anything but  makes me wonder if the waterproofing is internal and not based on the screen for waterproof sealing. I do no to swim much, but I do wonder if I to will still be waterproof. Anyone test theirs out in the water after a crack?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I swim regularly with mine that has a diagonal crack from middle of one side to the opposite corner. Doesn’t affect the watch in any way so far.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is great news. With the way the sealant I used to “fix” the crack, I assumed that would be the case. I appreciate the info!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my versa for 3 mos and it has a crack they will not stand by there warranity and i didnt read the find print so when u have a warranity thats why u pay for it to fix it or replace it i know now i wont by a fit bit andriod ever again im changeing to apple had nothing but trouble with the versa battery dont stand up like they say it keeps saying u can pair at this time ya i paid 300.00 and it wast my worst purchase i will be delteing fitbit and i have told my friends and family and my facebook friends from day i they will be purchaseing apple includeing me to they stand by there product and my review is 1

Jeananne hill
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit is better for fitness. My son has had both (Ionic and Apple Watch), broken both, and had both replaced. Whatever you get, protect it with a screen protector and get a warranty like Squaretrade or another like it. Squaretrade has been great for replacing our items. Oh, and the Apple Watch screen cracked easier than the Fitbit and is also not repairable, only replaceable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well they replaced it i am done with fit bit
Jeananne hill
Best Answer

They are lying they did not solve my problem about my crack screen and pic they are not doing nothing i would advise against fitbit company now there controling my post and emails there saying resoulotion resolved No they did not solve nothing they are not replaceing it and they are ignoreing me

Jeananne hill
Best Answer

I have tge same problem i bought the watch especially for swimming and now i regret being so careless. 

Best Answer

I did not doing nothing for it to crack i have had nothing but issues it does not syns or pair up it does not charge as long as they said when i had the regular fitbit was fine but now im going to buy an apple and i hope it syns with my andriod i will not purchase another versa it has defaults alot of problems and fitbit does not stand behind there merchadise so that tells me this company is a scam shady company im so mad angry upset 250.00 is alot to me and i want everyone know #Readthefindprint #buyapple 

Jeananne hill
Best Answer

So how do we know that we were to purchase from fitbit warranty and not khols i ws promise that fitbit stands behind there product they do not fitbit is the worse company that I bought from never again

Jeananne hill
Best Answer

In my case when I called, I admitted that I damaged my Versa and as I explained I am a disabled Vet and fell when trying to get out of my wheel chair.  What I was looking for was how to get it repaired; nothing more. My wife got it for me to help me with my daily rehab and her company discounts their heath insurance premium based on activity / points, which is very cool.  As I explained to Fit Bit, I spent $199.95 + tax and don't just want to toss it.  I was told sorry no repair "places", no discounts, to bad.  I told her that I wasn't looking for a hand out or a free one, just repair it and I would pay for it.  No luck - just to bad.  When they asked if there was anything else they could help me with, I just said "NO" and that I would just go to a competitor since my wife's employers app works with several manufacturers. 

They may be better than Garmin or the others, but their support makes them the worst.

Best Answer

I know all about fit bit they would not fix my either so im not buying another fitbit i had no luck on my two im checking other companies and there warranties i have never had a problem until now

Jeananne hill
Best Answer