Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Actually I bought the apple watch for my sister, together with their insurance for a little amount of money, and they DO cover the damaged screen. I also had many many smart watches before and the versa is the only one which had cracked screen, and believe me I was not able to understand when it did break, I did not hit it violently anywhere and now the screen is cracked. And I am also thinking to go back to samsung watches... never had any crack there, despite hitting violently with those... 

Same is happening to me .. so disappointing

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since getting my Versa after Kohl's replaced it I have kept a screen
protector on it and now I even have something that goes around the watch
and over the sides of the screen and it protects the edges of the screen.
So far so good. If it does break again I will simply lose the smart and go
back to traditional watch.
Best Answer

It´s nice to see new faces around @frafrancifra and @clhawkins63. Welcome! Thank you for your comments regarding your Versa.

@clhawkins63, great advise with the screen protector.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received Fitbit gift from my brother 2days ago I was using the watch but when at night when I was about to go to sleep there was a light coming from the bottom left corner of the watch I switched on the room light and when looked carefully there was a crack one there it was tiny but it was there and I just opened the watch and this happened.. I know they don't accept screen damage but this thing needs to be heard

Best Answer
I would contact fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Drmaazkhan. Thank you for reporting the crack on your watch.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email. 

Thank you for your advise @clhawkins63.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so sorry. The Versa will be my last Fitbit purchase ever. The quality is subpar. You should not have a crack screen for no reason. I know it won't stop others from buying fitbit products but hopefully fitbit fixes their products.

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us and for your feedback @all2sweet. I´m sorry to know that your Versa will be your last Fitbit. 

Our team is always working to improve our products and services.

Please let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem isnt that the screen is cracked...the problem is that normal companies would have a repair place and would simply repair the damaged screen (even if owner was charged i would be happy to pay as long as it wasnt as much as a new watch itself) but no bot only do fitbit not replace or anything a fitbit they have no repair centre or anything it is totally ridiculous! So now i have a £200 watch with a crack in sat in a draw...also in the same circumstances as this woman as it clearly isnt rebust enough for everyday wear. All i want is a screen replacement i would even pay for it but all they do is offer 25% off another watch which if that ends up with a cracked screen...........is useless aswell. Definitely going to get a Samsung one next time. Love my fitbit but the company are a let down.

Best Answer

@EmKnight92 Apple and Samsung don’t repair screens either.  These watches are too small to allow for that.  An answer is to buy the insurance/warranty which is not cheap.  Of course the best answer is to protect the watch.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @EmKnight92! Thank you for your feedback and comments. I really appreciate the time you took to express your thoughts about this. 

At this time there's no a screen replacement or a repair center. I'm sorry to hear you were let down.

Thank you for your comments and participation in the community @LongIslandSailr.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen started developing scratches about a month or two after I got it. I purchased screen protectors that last a few months before they begin to crack and chip. Now I'm starting to develop a crack underneath the screen protector. What is the latest proposal to replacing and repairing the screens for the Versa? I really enjoyed my fitbit, but I worry the screen won't last much longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no solution from fitbit. Mine is okay for now but my next
purchase will be a Samsung watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get screen protector on eBay.

I too have a cracked screen . I'm disappointed that fitbit would put this type of glass and have it so exposed . My crack just showed up so hopefully I can be as lucky as you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I picked some screen protector on Amazon for about $10 for 5, but after a
while they crack and chip also.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’ve had the same issue had my versa for 3 weeks was doing housework. No issues as far as I remember but now it’s cracked and getting worse. No help from Fitbit or where I bought the product from. Never mind I watch it is when this completely breaks. I’m assuming it won’t be long as when I charged it a piece of glass came out of the crack. Clearly the screen quality is awful. No wonder curry’s highlight accidental damage on the product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Versa, Charge, and HR have all had cracked screens. A couple years ago I would tell you that fitbit had the best customer service around. But now? They just want your money and they provide the worst coverage. The screen cracking is not covered. and they have ZERO solutions on replacing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That'll be my next purchase. I don't even think the steps are accurate on
my versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, mines aren’t right at all. It’s a shame cause it’s a nice looking watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact issue, there was a small crack on the top edge of the right side screen and contacted via chat support. Shared the image in March 2018. But they said the screen is not under warranty and it was under 1 month from the purchase date. I was very disappointed after paying a couple of hundred bucks on a product with a lack of quality and customer support makes me feel worthless. Fitbit team should make quality product instead of saying their hands are clean (no warranty).

Best Answer
0 Votes