Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa GPS connection failing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to use GPS on my Versa it doesn't work most of the times, Run Exercise. When I launch my run its says is connecting GPS, but it never does. This is really frustrating as this was one of main reasons I bought the Versa. GPS works without a problem, when using it directly in mobile apps from Fitbit and Strava. Any ideas what I can do or is this a known problem with GPS function on Versa?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I just returned my third fitbit versa to the store because of this. 

I have an iPhone and they just don't work together even if both Apple and Fitbit say they should. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx. I am on an Android phone - HTC U11 - running Oreo. As GPS is working fine on mobile itself, I have feeling it is the Bluetooth connection of Versa, which is finnicky.

Rgds
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Swissinnj and @Starstrukk thanks for stopping by.

Keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your watch and phone, it needs to be a compatible mobile device.

When a phone isn't compatible it doesn't mean that it won't work with your Versa but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provide in the help article Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I have an iPhone 7 and it’s on the list? 

It just doesn’t work and I’m a very frustrated and disappointed customer. Just brought my third versa back to store and now I’m giving up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Swissinnj wrote:

When I try to use GPS on my Versa it doesn't work most of the times, Run Exercise. When I launch my run its says is connecting GPS, but it never does. This is really frustrating as this was one of main reasons I bought the Versa. GPS works without a problem, when using it directly in mobile apps from Fitbit and Strava. Any ideas what I can do or is this a known problem with GPS function on Versa?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Here are 10 pages of posts discussing the same issue. Don't let the word "SOLVED" get you excited; no solution was found.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Fitbit-Versa-connected-GPS-issues/td-p/2691086/highlight/false

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Alejandra

while I can accept my HTC U11 to be a non-compliant device and maybe reason I can't connect my Versa to GPS on my mobile, I am trying now to connect my Versa to my iPhone SE. So far I tried two times and it failed in both.   can sync the Versa with the iPhone via Bluetooth for my regular stats. But GPS has yet to work.

Any recommendations on settings I have to use to make it worth?

rgds

Best Answer
0 Votes