Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa GPS distance different to Strava, why?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am new to my Versa and loving it as it helps keep me focused on moving. I was using Strava before I got my Versa. The only problem I have noticed is sometimes there is a difference between the two in the distance I have walked. It was only a small amount such as .1 but today it was .4 which is a lot. The Strava app measuring the longest distance. Both are using my phones GPS. Any ideas why or how to fix the problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DebD59 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your GPS distance isn't the same as your Strava app distance. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. This will refresh the link between your tracker and your phone and holpefully improve the distance calculation.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@DebD59 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your GPS distance isn't the same as your Strava app distance. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. This will refresh the link between your tracker and your phone and holpefully improve the distance calculation.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help. All fixed 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DebD59 sorry for the delay, happy to hear that the suggestions helped you and hope you are back on track with your daily activities.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes