Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - 4 days old and not working properly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After looking for a smartwatch/tracker for a while I narrowed it down to the Versa Lite and a Garmin then after seeing my final choices in person I opted for the Versa Lite.  I thought I'd done my research but obviously not as well as I thought as I'm really regretting my decision. Got the watch/tracker on Saturday and so far have done two full reboots, have had to reset the app several times and restart my phone 3 times to get any kind of notification and even then it only lasts for a couple of hours before stopping again - 4 days old and it hasn't functioned fully for one of them!  Looked through all the fixes on here and tried them all but still can't get it to run smoothly and it seems I'm definitely not the only one.  So disappointed with this watch/tracker and I actually opted for it over the Garmin version - bad decision on my part! Unless anyone has any new suggestions of how to get it to work I think I'm going to see if I can return it as it's too much money for me to be wasting on something that doesn't do what its supposed to!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You will have a better chance of getting help here if you will just state the problem clearly.  And it help to know what phone you are using.

I realize you are frustrated with it but most of us here are just Fitbit users trying to help other users.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main problems I have encountered so far are:

1-The initial set up took nearly 2 days as straight out of the  box and on registration it had to update. That took 2 attempts at around 4 hours for each update.

2-Syncing turns off when on all day or takes ages when done manually.

3-Notifications are turning off and I'm constantly being asked to restart my phone to reset them - this never works the first time and then when it does it only lasts for a couple of hours. 

4-On trying to change the clock face (to official Fitbit ones) the Versa is regularly freezing before finishing the download which results in me losing anything on the screen and leaves me unable to clear it as it hasn't finished downloading/updating. 

Think that about covers the main issues encountered in the short time I've had it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't say which phone you are using.  Some are just not compatible,

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To add to that, are you connecting your watch to WiFi? Updating over Bluetooth will take forever, especially if you're phone is on cell data. Be sure to select the "always connected" option in the device settings menu inside the Fitbit app. This will make syncing and notifications more reliable as the watch is always communicating with your phone. Otherwise it will only do it at certain intervals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Caz29 wrote:

To add to that, are you connecting your watch to WiFi?

She's talking about a Versa Lite, which doesn't connect to WiFi.

I do agree that it's likely to be an issue related to the phone. My one suggestion is to try to keep the Fitbit app open in the background allllll the time so that when the watch and the phone do connect, they don't get disconnected.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah. You are correct. I always forget the lite doesn't do wifi.

Best Answer
0 Votes