Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - Factory Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your Versa Lite needs factory resetting and you can't do so via the Fitbit app, this should work:

• Hold down the button (reboots device after ~8 seconds).
  • Wait until the static logo disappears.
  • Release the button briefly (< 2 seconds), and hold the button down again.
  • Wait until a long vibration is felt. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

This can still work if you're seeing a 'Data not cleared' error.

This might also work for other devices with only one physical button (eg, Versa 2).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
I have already taken care of it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite has on it data not cleared, doing the one step does not do anything. I am still stuck.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did factory reset my Versa lite.  When I try to restart it, then will come up with the fit bet dotes and different languages flipping through but will not let me reset it.  this is as far as it goes.  At one point the dotes turned to a white like it was down loading so thought that I had it but it then again goes back to the colored dots with the different languages with a message.  Can you tell me if I can fix this at home.  Concerned user.  Please Help if you can.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Some ago but as I recall I did it through my PC (laptop) as working with my
tablet didn't work. As I recall I got into some trouble trying some of
those free trail subscription display options but could not find a way to
delete/disable them so I killed everything trying to restore the default
orginal settings so I finally went for the PC route.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am ready to throw this versa lite in the trash, It has data not cleared, if you push the button the blue dots or white dots will appear then back to data not cleared, I have done everything they say to do and it doesn't work, so i am stuck and don't know what to do next except throw the thing in the trash.
Best Answer

My first bit has been in a screen that says data not cleared sync and try again. I have tried every recommendation and nothing works I have tried to update but everytime in will take hours but nothing will happen. I'm super frustrated at the moment cause the update is what should fix this issue but I cant update the watch.

Best Answer
Some time ago now but as I recall it wouldn't work using a tablet but did
using my PC, i.e. laptop.
Best Answer

I  finally went to my  PC and it worked. The clock face that I already paid for says it needs to be paid for again. Have concerns with the company that evidently has  problems. Good news phone is back. Thank You all for in put. 

Katie FD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Gondwana,

I had tried your method to hard reset, but after that, it cannot turn on again. Like no power.

do you have any other suggestion, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long does it normally take when doing a factory reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did it via a PC (the only way I could do it successfully) and, as I
recall, it took significantly more than one hour.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Versa Lite, I have tried restarting it but when the fitbit logo comes on it only stays for a few seconds and the screen reverts back to a large red X and the message Data not cleared Sync and try again

I am my wits end at this point, been without my fitbit for over a month now. Any help to resolve this problem would be really appreciated

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Almoradi If the Factoey Reset as detailed in the first post in this thread doesnt work or doesnt help, then contact Support 

Fitbit Support  

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have tried everything to factory reset my fitbit versa lite and nothing is working. It still says data not cleared sync and try again. My phone says it synced but the fitbit says its not synced and the data is not cleared. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to settings I pressed factory reset on my versa light about 30 minutes ago and it keeps scrolling and scrolling. How long should this take? 

Best Answer

I had the same issues for days.  i followed the rules of removing my old fitbit from my computer bluetooth devices... for that to kick in the computer had to be restarted.   but trying to set up my Versa Lite was still not working as it could not detect the tracker.  

i was ready to return the whole thing, when my friend suggested i set it up with my phone.  It turns out that it was still paired with my old fitbit, so i had to remove that from the phone's bluetooth devices, restart the phone, and then the setup of the Versa Lite was like magic! 

so anyone with the app on both a laptop and a phone, you must have both of the devices ready. 

Best Answer

I have the fitbit versa lite.  No matter what I do, i cannot restart this watch!  The time was off & I hit the factory reset button.  Now I get the data not clear message.  When I go to sync it, I get the blue streak.  I love this watch...bought the inspire, but want my versa lite back!  Please help as I am tech challenged.  have tried over 50 X's to get it up & running!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something similar happened to me and it showed a screen with an x and saying Data Not Cleared please sync and try again, the problem is that my fitbit isn't registered to to fitbit app PLEASE HELP. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow this sucks keeps saying download app haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been an issue for my Versa Lite for a week now. I started an update, and it gets stuck about a third of the way across the screen. I've tried resetting, all of that, but I can't get it to connect to bluetooth. I've just gone through the process laid out here, and now it is giving me the Data not cleared Sync & try again. I can't sync and try again, because it won't connect to bluetooth in its current state.

I waited for 8 hours the other day to get someone on chat, and no answered. I'm honestly very unhappy with the service at this point. I have a family of Fitbit customers, but you are about to lose all of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes