Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite asks me to download the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I plugged in my new fitbit to charge and when I took it off the charger, it now shows the "to start, please download fitbit app" screen. I already have the app and I cannot get it to do anythibg but show me this screen.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@DeannaMorehart, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa Lite since it only shows a message asking you to download the Fitbit app.

At this point, you need to start the setup process. To do so, please follow the steps that are listed in this help article.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the problem that I took my watch off the charger this morning and my Fitbit Versa Lite only says to download the fitbit app to the watch.  It shows the logo and scrolls the same instruction in several languages.  I have reloaded the iPhone App and reset the info but still the same with the watch.  It is fully charged and in the charger cradle. The watch is connected to my iPhone via bluetooth and shows bluetooth connected on the phone but not on the fitbit app.  Now what do I do?  The Watch is locked up in the "load the Fitbit app" screen.  I need help.  The watch is only 4 months old and has worked perfectly until today.  

Best Answer

My fitbit versa lite is exactley the same. it just shows logo......says download app.... but nothing is happening

Best Answer

Is it me or is the Fitbit help no help with this issue? I have tried for hours on four different help chats, and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is no one monitoring this or offering any viable solutions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does NOTHING.  It doesn't download the upgrade to the fitbit, at all.  It still has the Fitbit logo and "you must install the app" in like 5 different languages~!

Best Answer
0 Votes