Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite does not always track my sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wear my Fitbit to sleep every night and there are many times I wake up with no sleep data. On my app, it just says to “wear your Fitbit to bed”. Which I did. Then there are some nights it works with no issues. 
I have tried deleting and resyncing my device through the app, restarting my device - but no luck. Any suggestions since the main reason I bought this Fitbit about a year ago was to track my sleep. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Lprocker524 Welcome to the community forums! 

I'd recommend trying to change the Sleep sensitivity setting to test your Fitbit device and to see if there is any change the way it has been tracking your Sleep. For this, please follow the steps below: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab Fitbit logo in black, which looks like 13 circles in the shape of a diamond, where the circles are larger from left to right, then tap your profile picture.
2. Tap Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity and make your changes.

For more information, I also suggest visiting the following link: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? To take into consideration the tips and suggestions from that link. Also, please double check that the Fitbit App, is up to date

On a side note, I've moved your post to another board to keep our forums organized. 

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - just an update that I did switch my sleep sensitivity as you suggested and no sleep data was saved again last night. It still says I have to “wear my Fitbit to bed”. 
Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

@Lprocker524 Thanks for following the suggested troubleshooting steps! 

I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided assistance and information. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told to change my sensitivity done nothing my Fitbit doing same thing was fine til three days ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pippin64. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information for the tips you've followed prior to posting! If you haven't done so, I recommend performing a restart to your Fitbit device. You can do this, by following the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
Have reset numerous time still hit and miss if it works. Feeling maybe I
need a change to a Apple Watch instead
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything to get mine to work works for couple days then stops again . Not game to use Fitbit as an alarm now in case it doesn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pippin64 I'm very sorry for the experience and thanks for sharing your feedback. 

I'd like to let you know that if you refer that sometimes you don't receive Sleep Stages, I recommend taking into consideration the following information: 

1. If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  2. If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  3. If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  4. If your device’s battery is critically low.

These are some of the factors that could prevent your Fitbit device to track your Sleep Stages.For more information, you can see: What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes