Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

I tried it in my computer and it didn’t work for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up getting a new one, was still under warranty. The other one didn't get fixed. I contacted customer service

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes
No mine is still not working in fact I cant even get mine to turn on. I
went thru all the steps that have been suggested. I got mine for Christmas
from my husband and I cant use it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to fix mine after a factory reset. It requires a Windows 10
laptop (I have heard works with Mac, too). Basically, it involves stopping
Fitbit and Bluetooth on your phone, then set up the Fitbit app on Win 10
laptop. After that you connect the USB charger to the USB port on my
laptop. Use laptop Bluetooth to pair Fitbit with the Win 10 laptop. and
then start the update from within the WINDOWS 10 app (not the phone app). I
have done this twice (I accidentally update once, again) and it worked both
times.
Best Answer
0 Votes

as if everyone has a computer and the internet at home. I purchased a product that does not perform as it is supposed to. a total fail in my opinion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to try several times but it finally worked connected to a computer. My Versa Light has been dead for 4 days so I'm very happy to have it back. I tried every thing else they suggested several times, and nothing worked. I don't have a computer at home so brought mine in to work to connect it here. That also took several attempts, and the actual download took about an hour, but it's finally working!

Best Answer
What is so sad is that fitbit seems to not care at all that their product does not work because if the update.  They could easily make the past update available to us so we could use our fitbits.  Seems as if they want us to buy another.  That will surely not happen.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I complained. They sent me a new one. I'm not updating this one....

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
They sent me a few but then I had to update in order to use it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have not been able to fix the problem yet
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here Jennifer-I have a dead screen and manually update and  this is after I updated after I had it in November.So I feel it has been a total loss.Not buying another watch in this health mess as it is-will wait it out and see what the Fitbit support will do!Ranjni
Best Answer
0 Votes

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  I am so angry.  Everytime you goes to an update it completely removes all data accumulated for the day.  I was so close to today's numbers and I updated and no both my Versa Lite and One is not current.  It syncs, but the data is ALL WRONG!!!!!!.  Why can't you guys get this right?  It happens with EVERY update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

See I'm so upset you have to read what I meant to say because I couldn't type it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey....I just wanted to thank you for posting how to get the update to work!  I was going in that direction (doing the update off of the laptop, rather than the phone) but as soon as read your post, I knew exactly how to do it.  I was afraid that I was going to end up with a useless watch as I read the other posts!  Just wanted to say thank you!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa light just got it and suddenly it stops working so i reset it and it won't update now. Please tell me how to turn this 200$ paperweight back into a watch.....  

Best Answer

@Him8nts Glad I could help. Do you want to hear something funny? I had stopped using my Versa lite and for whatever reason instead of just shutting it down, I did a factory reset. Don't ask me why. I don't know. Haha. Just yesterday I got the update notice for the latest update. I connected it to my laptop and tried to update it through the laptop like I had done in the past and for whatever reason it would not work. I only tried it twice on the laptop before I decided to update it through the app and it worked through the app. Go figure. I'm glad it worked and I'm currently running the current version, but it's just amazing how the only thing that seems to be consistent with Fitbit devices is how inconsistently they perform.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue.  Now my Fitbit is just collecting dust on my desk. $200 wasted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DebbieVTX. which way are you trying to update it?  With a computet or the app? And do you have it on the charger when you're trying to update it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried it both ways and still have had no luck.

The screen comes on the fitbit comes on but doesn't do anything.
I have plugged it into the computer via usb I've tried connecting via
bluetooth to the computer. I've tried connecting bluetooth thru the phone.
nothing seems to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Terryknud. make sure whatever device you're trying to update on that the Bluetooth is on on that device only. For instance if you're trying to update with the computer turn your Bluetooth off on your phone. Or if you're trying to update through the phone app, turn the Bluetooth off on your computer. Having multiple devices around with Bluetooth turned on causes havoc.

Best Answer
0 Votes