Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

I have had the same issue. Contacted customer service via chat. Told me to download the update through my computer. I told him that the update wasn't working (I was continuing to get a red x), and told me told wait 30 minutes. He closed the case before the issue was resolved. I am very upset, as they are not allowing me to chat with anyone anymore. 

Best Answer

How long did it take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was yours still under warranty? Mine is like a week over warranty and worried they will not honor it. Thank You and stay safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ginohio. I hate to say it, but with any warranty from any company, once the warranty is over, it's over. Whether it's a day or a week or a month. When it's over, it's over and it probably will not be honored due to the fact that it is over and there is nothing to be honored.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got lucky then, they are replacing it. I had that or an option to buy a new one for 50% off I chose replacement just to be safe.

Best Answer

They replaced mine too and it was still crap. Doesn’t sync, no text messages, just a piece of metal that sits on your wrist with no functionality.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was only 6 mos old so I’m not sure! After I go it uploaded thru my laptop it still says on my app thru the phone that I need that update. Ridiculous!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Isn’t that the truth! I don’t know why I keep going back to Fitbit! I hated the Apple Watch though so I stick with Fitbit!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried 40 to 50 times, it updated finally but doesn't work like it used to. Let it sit for awhile then try again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got mine two weeks ago!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hooked up the versa lite to the cradle and connected the usb to my computer

I removed the versa lite from the Fitbit iPhone app

started to pair and discover the versa lite

I ran the update tracker. Progress is slow. Took an hour to reach 16%

update fails! Have to start all over and now I can’t see the progress

Best Answer
I got mine for a christmas present. How long is the warranty?
Best Answer
0 Votes

1 year

support 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tryed on charger off charger, on laptop and off
Best Answer

I have had mine for a year also. I have tried computer, laptop, iPhone. Trying for one last day. This is extremely frustrating. I have never had issues with any other update. Of course I did reset because I didn’t see the notice first. Any guidance would be appreciated. This is now day 7 of dealing with this. It takes 4-6 hours each time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was not able to use the touchscreen any longer so I've been trying to update ALL.DAY.LONG!!  The update failed 3 times and it now seems to be stuck updating.  The screen has a large blue bar across half of the screen.  The battery is fully charged.  HELP!

I love this watch, but I feel like I spent too much money to be having the aggravation that I have experienced with it. It took me about two months earlier in the year to be able to get the notification back which was one of the reasons I upgraded to this model.  I've only had this since September 2019.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called fitbit and since mine is under the 1 year warranty I have to send
it back to them and the are sending me a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently?? I wasn’t sure anyone would be working due to the virus stuff.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hot my Versa Lite for Christmas, registered no problem...this morning came to put my fit bit on and the time was wrong. There was no way to adjust...to login I had to read service policy and still could not log in.  I reset it thinking it would adjust but that hasn’t worked..Still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

>The update failed 3 times and it now seems to be stuck updating. 

Stop wasting your time for trying to update the watch with iPhone/iPad or Android!

Find out a PC with Windows 10.   

IMG_20200410_122300.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes