Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

I request you not to update your device. The new firmware is full of bugs and issues. You will loose your battery time by 90%, you will loose one click start functionality, you will loose beautiful fonts to ugly big pieces of sh**. 

Best Answer

My versa lite has been updating for a week now - it starts the update, than my watch says "to start, download fitbit app", and then after a few minutes it starts updating again.

I restarted both my phone (Huawei) and my watch, turned off and on the bluetooth, deleted the watch from my fitbit app and from bluetooth devices, even deleted the fitbit app - nothing helped. What should I do now? I bought the watch to use it - it worked for 2 months, but now I can only watch it trying to update.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit  thanks for the reply, and I need to clarify again. I'm extremely frustrated with customer service since they told me there are no firmware updates for my versa.

I'm still running a very old firmware version and customer support act like it's normal. 

I kinda stopped emailing them since I kinda gave up and didn't get the issue solved.

I hope to hear from you again.

I have Versa Model FB505

Best Answer

A factory reset was performed way before I saw this forum saying not to & the firmware update will go a little over halfway then it stops & starts all over. I’ve refine it about 10 times. How long until this issue is resolved?? I have worked all day on it. I have uninstalled the watch, the app, etc. I have done everything I can think of. Please help!!!

Best Answer

That worked when I plugged the Versa Lite Edition 2019 into the computer and then set it up from the start again using the iPhone. I had been trying for 2 days to get it to work and nothing had worked before this. Happy husband now has his Fitbit working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since my Fitbit Versa updated the battery has been draining really fast. I barely get 24 hours from a full charge. Is anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

I have been trying for the last 48 hours to set up my new fitbit versa and doesn't get past 10% then fails! In Live chat yesterday I was told it would be fixed by morning and it's still not working

Best Answer

I accidentally did a factory rest on my versa lite and it won't do the do the update or restart what do i do

Best Answer

My Grandma had a watch like that and she hated it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can i fix it i don't have a computer

Best Answer

My watch updated fine and haven’t had any problems — until today!  

I have been trying to change the watch face ALL DAY, but it will not change. Is this update the problem?  

Best Answer

Just got my Versa replaced for a new one because previous had trouble with heart rate measurements. Now I have the same issue as mentioned above, update stops at 10, sometimes 20%, any solution? 

Best Answer

Is there a way to fix it i don't have the money for a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your stupid CS already told us to reset.

Best Answer
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi just had a question for you. My fitbit updated the day the firmware update was released and started having issues. I haven't had the battery life issue or clock face issue that some other users have been talking about but have instead had the fitbit restart itself every couple hours. It also does not respond to touches at times. Would this be due to the firmware update or is there some other underlying problem? Thank you for your time. 

Best Answer

@Davidlusk446 doing a factory reset removes the tracker from your Fitbit account without letting Fitbit know. 

You will need to do the add device and setup your tracker as if it just came from the factor . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same thing as other in this thread. The firmware update made me touchscreen very unresponsive, almost dead. I did a factory reset before I read the first entry here that said not to do it. I re-paired the Versa Lite to my phone. During set up it said I had a firmware update. It took a day to more or less complete. I was asleep at the time but when I woke up it was stuck in a reboot loop. Nothing I did would stop it.

Here is what I did and it seem to have worked. 

I forced stopped the app on my Android phone.
I set up the Fitbit app on my Win 10 laptop.
I connected the USB charger to the USB port on my laptop.
Got laptop Bluetooth to pair with Versa Lite.
Laptop said USB device "Versa Lite" was also recognized.
Started the update from within the WINDOWS 10 app (not the phone app).

It took just over an hour for the whole update, and it worked! The Versa Lite is set up with the older (pre-November) firmware and I am going to leave it that way until I hear they have fixed this problem.

Best Answer

Issue with updating my Versa lite Fitbit for almost a month now, this is frustrating.

Best Answer

Tap your photo found in the top right corner of any page on the community, then tap contact Fitbit. 

Or tap the contact link found through the help link below or help in the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes