Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

Hello,

please how did you start to update from within the WINDOWS 10 app.

I have logged into my FitBit app on my laptop and have paired my Versa Lite with my laptop but can't seem to find where to start updating my watch within the laptop.

Best Answer

Mine died, after the update it doesn’t charge 😡. I was going to order a new charger, but after reading all the messages, I understand that it is a problem caused by the update. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Brilliant,  why did they have me do a factory reset last Sunday.   Took 15 hours to update.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GoyoM@@@@@. I was in exactly the same position. My fitbit was dead. I followed your procedure and it worked for me. Tha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read my post above on how I fixed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Repost for those how have not tried this: 

I experienced the same thing as other in this thread. The firmware update made me touchscreen very unresponsive, almost dead. I did a factory reset before I read the first entry here that said not to do it. I re-paired the Versa Lite to my phone. During set up it said I had a firmware update. It took a day to more or less complete. I was asleep at the time but when I woke up it was stuck in a reboot loop. Nothing I did would stop it.

Here is what I did and it seems to have worked. 

I forced stopped the app on my Android phone.
I set up the Fitbit app on my Win 10 laptop.
I connected the USB charger to the USB port on my laptop.
Got laptop Bluetooth to pair with Versa Lite.
Laptop said USB device "Versa Lite" was also recognized.
Started the update from within the WINDOWS 10 app (not the phone app).

It took just over an hour for the whole update, and it worked! The Versa Lite is set up with the older (pre-November) firmware and I am going to leave it that way until I hear they have fixed this problem.

Best Answer

The update took a few attempts, but since then my battery is drained in one day. So far it’s happened twice already. 

Updating my post: my Versa is dead! Doesn’t charge anymore; it’s been plugged to the wall for over 48 hours 😞    I’m going to attempt one more thing and see what happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hooking up to the computer doesn't work, it rejects your bad equipment.

Best Answer

Hooking your Versa up to the computer would only be for charging.

Your Versa lite does not have any data lines in the USB cable. 

I'm not sure what your rejected message says but the computer can not communicate with the Versa lite, all communication will be through Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi KellyandPeanut,
I uninstalled Fitbit app from my phone first then it worked ok for me.
Stevemon
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa lite has been updating for the last 7 hours and still isn't even half way through! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LauraR91,
Mine did that when I tried to update via the Android app. It worked via
Windows 10. Good luck.
Stevemon
Best Answer

I would have killed the Fitbit app and restart. The download usually restarts from where it was stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I update via Windows 10 please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's go to the Fitbit help docs. 

How do I update my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my versa wont turn on now

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the latest update my fitbit does not record my workouts properly because it turns off on it's own mid workout, it also does not stop the GPS connection after my exercise (walk or run) has ended, and the touch menu is slooooow to respond to my input, sometimes refusing to acknowledge my attempts at all. Please find a fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes