Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

have had my Versa Lite for about a month now. within one week, received 'update firmware' message on Fitbit app - have made sure that my iPhone and Windows 10 OS are updated, and have attempted to update firmware over a DOZEN times, even to the point of attempting a factory reset (as directed by Fitbit support via FB message). The latest Fitbit firmware update is CRAP!!!! PLEASE FIX IT!

Best Answer
Yes I talked to them on Tuesday 4/7/19
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just deleted the app and started over again to set up. This worked!
However, I wonder if this will happen again once the 3 month free trial is up. I don’t need the Premium set up and see no need to pay extra per month. I am not a high tech person and I should nit have to spend an afternoon to get my watch working again, just because the time was wrong. There should be a better way to work out the quirks that can come up. I find the chat help not helpful at all.. I spent 200.00 for a watch and tracker of my steps and not interested in the extras..so I shouldn’t have to pay more per month....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have tried using a Windows computer 5 times now.  Still no luck.  I get the update started and get to 9 minutes left and it fails.

any advice?

Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same issue. I can’t get past the update, been going on since last night. 

Best Answer

I got my Versa Lite 2 days ago and I'm currently on firmware number 38.33.1.30, and sadly I can't update it. There's no update notification or button in the app. Any luck fixing the issue?

Best Answer

I contacted customer service via chat and finally the second team was able to help me. I had deleted the app from computer and re-installed. I went into Help and clicked on the update via usb and it worked. It took 72 minutes but I finally got it!  I have been up and running since April 12. 

I don’t know if customer service has to do anything to your account. I just know that’s what they had me do and it worked. 

Best Answer

I was able to get a new pebble by calling customer service.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

>Any luck fixing the issue?

I've had the same issue after factory reset and recovery on Apr 10. Just wait and keep your Versa always connected to your smartphone. The latest update will be uploaded in background with no any indication. In my case it took two days and I had notification about available update on Apr 13 morning. 

Screenshot_20200413-092034.png

Technical questions for Fitbit developers are:
  1. Why does Versa Lite factory reset drop firmware version to ver 38.6.1.1?
  2. Why does after recovery the app update firmware to 38.33.1.30? Why it is not updated straight to the latest 38.70.7.14?
Best Answer

Did you get this sorted? I have a brand new versa lite and cant get update either.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa Lite stopped working completely last week.  Then it somehow revived and then was 32 minutes off of real time....  I tried the factory reset and now cannot get it back to working.  I just now saw this page with the firmware update that warns against doing a factory reset.  What do I do now??  I'm so frustrated- just got this watch for Christmas and really liked it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope I had to buy a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix mine after a factory reset. It requires a Windows 10 laptop (I have heard works with Mac, too). Basically, it involves stopping Fitbit and Bluetooth on your phone, then set up the Fitbit app on Win 10 laptop. After that you connect the USB charger to the USB port on the laptop. Use laptop Bluetooth to pair Fitbit with the Win 10 laptop. and then start the update from within the WINDOWS 10 app (not the phone app). I have done this twice (I accidentally update once, again) and it worked both times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the reset too, but that didn’t work. So I deleted the app and reinstalled it it and it’s back working again! There’s no harm in trying that! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that. It didn't work for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
😕 oh dear, this is crazy that you are getting help from Fitbit! I am loosing all faith in them! Wish I could have helped you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your positive feedback. I hope I won’t need to follow it and have no further problems. But if I do, I will give it a try! Perhaps it will help many of those, having issues!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you read this after you already did a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also did a factory reset before seeing this page.  Sadly haven't been able to get it working yet.  I don't have Windows 10 to update it to either...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried everything this thread suggested and nothing worked. Ended up
having to get a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes