Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

I have already factory reset my fitbit and now I can't connect it to any device. What can I do?

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Does anyone know the solution?

Best Answer

I have managed to update my fitbit Versa Lite; HOWEVER, I am having a really hard time keeping it connected to my phone.  For me, the fitbit is necessary to track my sleeping for my doctor.  When I have to reconnect it, it magically loses my sleep information.  If I am ever able to replace this, it will not be with another fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I fully agree with you. It won't be this brand of watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the latest version, do you know?  I have version 38.70.7.14 which is was the defective one that screwed up my versa lite last November.  Just this morning I have a notice on my fitbit that there is an update available.  I am afraid to do it.  i finally got it working somewhat after months of no help from fitibit.  The clock faces are still screwed up and the touchscreen does not always work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ann133 

There are a few threads of users with the original Versa that have advised that this firmware version drains the battery overnight if you turn it off and starting the Versa you have to use multiple buttons. These are the exact issues (amongst other issues) that users that had the original Versa complained about with the release of the December firmware.

I'm going to wait and see what other issues users experience with this firmware version before doing any update. 

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 4/22

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite.

Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer