Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

I'm having touch issues too, and slow response times, and problems recording my workouts, and problems with my GPS connection. I regret this latest update!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the instructions posted in this forum. Here it is

Here is what I did and it seem to have worked.

I forced stopped the app on my Android phone.
I set up the Fitbit app on my Win 10 laptop.
I connected the USB charger to the USB port on my laptop.
Got laptop Bluetooth to pair with Versa Lite.
Laptop said USB device "Versa Lite" was also recognized.
Started the update from within the WINDOWS 10 app (not the phone app).

It took just over an hour for the whole update, and it worked! The Versa
Lite is set up with the older (pre-November) firmware and I am going to
leave it that way until I hear they have fixed this problem.

Hope this helps.

Stevemon
Best Answer
i have a versa not a versa lite but it is not working
Best Answer

When is FITBIT going to fix the update issue.  My vera lite no longer works and it was working fine before the firmware update.  Now it resets constantly and touch screen no longer works.  So now I have a watch that worthless and very expensive.  WHEN are you going to fix the issues you caused with the update.

Best Answer

I was unaware of these solutions and factory reset my versa lite and it is not working. What should I do?

Best Answer

This is the worst update. My Battery life almost few hours. Also a lot of synchronizing issue i have to restart my Versa again and again. I want Fitbit guys to fix this ASAP, otherwise it will be a bad impact on Fitbit as company.

Best Answer

I am hitting the point of wanting a refund becuz this is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem, did you have any luck? Would you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved this answer from Fitbit Support, and it helped a lot:

1. Open the Fitbit Connect app on your desktop computer. For instructions on how to set up the Fitbit Connect app, see How do I set up my Fitbit device?
  2. Put your Fitbit device on the charging cable, and plug the other end of the charging cable into the computer.
  3. Open the Fitbit Connect app.
  4. Click Dashboard > Help > Turn on USB Recovery.
  5. The device will take a few minutes to update. The update is finished when the welcome screen appears on the device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll try this tomorrow! Thanks a lot, the Fitbit software is a mess but the
Fitbit community is the best!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still nothing. I am after them. Please keep write the post insisting then
to resolve the issue.
Best Answer
Ok, so I forced stop on my android.. Now I'm online looking at Fitbit apps
and do not see my Macbook Air as an option on their pulldown menu. What's
my next option?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My daughter is using her own computer and windows 10 to try the fix. She's
been at it for an hour and is having no luck , AND SHE'S A SOFTWARE
ENGINEER!!! GRRRRRRR
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa Lite battery is currently lasting for about 30 hours. Now, it doesn't even turn on when I turn my wrist and just blips really quick when I push the button to see the time. I just got this a month or two ago. It was fine until about five or so days ago.

Best Answer

Fitbit why can't you roll us all back to the version that was working before your last update that turned all our Fitbits into useless bracelets.  This is so frustrating that instead of rolling back you are trying to fix and can't tell your customers when it will be fixed.  Some of us use your watch for health reasons and now we have lost that ability due to your issue.  Please either fix the new update or give us the option to roll back to the version prior that seemed to be working.  I could care less that the new update give me the option of 5 clock faces, I want my watch to do what it was doing prior to your last update.  This is not good for you especially during the Christmas season as you can bet people are telling family and friends not to buy a fitbit as it doesn't work and we are not getting any service for this issue.  So disappointed in FITBIT.

Best Answer

I just came across this post now. In my multiple attempts to resolve the issue (which is still not been resolved), I had to factory reset my device and that was the solution to a different problem (lagging after the new firmware update).

Now that my device hasn't been up for over a day, I don't care as much about how much longer it would take to get the firmware updated but I do want to know if my data is wiped.

I had synced the device with the app before performing the factory reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing the update my watch face is not working at all. I cannot scroll to the next screen to log exercise or update alarms. What can I do??

Best Answer

Hi, I would like to ask what is the issue with the new update for Versa Lite? My watch will not update whatsoever the screen is blank with only the fitbit logo coming on. It’s very strange. It is connected to the phone but will not update and can’t get onto main screen the only words flashing up is telling me to install the fitbit app? This is very frustrating! Spent so much money and it literally has only given me bother since I got it 🙄 Hope you can help me. 

Best Answer

I had this issue it just would not update on my phone at all. I downloaded the fitbit app on my laptop (Windows 10) and connected my fitbit to my laptop Bluetooth and updated that way. It still took a while but actually worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I do not even have a laptop so that is not even possible for me. Hope they fix the issue it’s so annoying!! 

Best Answer