Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite has stopped working after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

since going for a short swim in a pool on holiday my Versa lite is completely dead. I have tried to reset it, I have charged it and although the App tells me it is charged, it is completely black and not connected, the App cannot find it.

Please can anybody help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @ADunsmore, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details shared in your post about your Versa Lite's behavior after swimming. I appreciate you've already taken the time to troubleshoot your watch prior to posting here.

Does your Versa Lite vibrates when you connect it to the charger? Do you still see the green lights flashing on the back? If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

In regards to the full battery percentage on your Fitbit app, note that the Fitbit app updates the battery level every time you sync your watch. Since you haven't synced it yet, your app still remains the battery percentage of the last synced. 

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am afraid I have tried all of the suggestions given, I had also looked at other posts from people having similar issues, and nothing has helped.

The screen does not light up anymore, there is no flickering light at the back and the watch doesn't vibrate when plugged in, it's completely dead. Any other suggestions?! Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ADunsmore, thanks for getting back and for the update. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me today, any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me after swimming in a pool. App shows Fitbit synced, fully charged, no flickering lights on back of device. I have tried all suggestions without success. 😥 I love my Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes