Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is losing time and it won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Highly annoyed right now. I contacted customer support last week with this message: My Fitbit is losing time. When I sync it goes back to the right time (same time as my iPhone) but then loses 4-5 minutes within 12 hours of the sync. This started 5 days ago. FYI I have already done the following troubleshooting:
Hard reset x2
Changed the clock face x2
Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my phone
Please do NOT reply telling me to do the exact same thing that I listed above, been there, DONE THAT and nothing has corrected the issue. My Fitbit is less than 1 year old (got it 10/2019)“ 

Got a reply a few days later which gives all indications that my message was not read as they gave me instructions to literally do some of the trouble shooting steps that I ALREADY had done and stated as such in my original message. NOW the issue is even worse, as of yesterday “No device found” and not syncing AND. the time is way off. Time on my iPhone is 13:15 and the time on my versa lite device is 12:04 so now it’s 1 HOUR and 11 minutes behind. Pretty sure the solution will end up being a replacement. Waiting to hear more from customer service. I’m sure I’ll probably have to go through a couple more iterations of them telling me to do all the troubleshooting I’ve already done tho before they will determine to replace it. 😡

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. I recommend confirming our complete troubleshooting instructions in Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Time on your watch should be corrected when you sync it. Please also make sure you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your phone: open your phone's settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on.

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
81 REPLIES 81

Have you gotten any help or resolution? The same thing started with mine 2 days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, no reply since the initial reply telling me to do the same things I had already done. 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is 6 months old and the clock is now 10 minutes slow. Screen wake stopped first. What is going on?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

27DA1556-8A20-4969-9A47-C1574478BB9F.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

A4BF135D-3C76-4D71-A462-80DB0BD3A3E3.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

936A84B5-FD26-4B80-8C05-122848659B5C.jpeg

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. 

Best Answer

Mine doing same. Did all the stuff to trouble shoot.  Time still wrong and no device found.   

Best Answer

Hi there @DrIdaB@LauraH64@AnnaG2, and @10828. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this inconvenience with your Versa smartwatches. Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps.

I appreciate the information provided in your posts, your time and efforts in troubleshooting your watches prior to posting here.

If you've exhausted all troubleshooting, you can try erasing the data from your device. Note that when doing a factory reset you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost from the last time sync until now. For instructions, see How do I erase my Fitbit device?. In addition, before proceeding with this step, please do a (force) sync to save your recent data and you'll also need to make sure to Forget/Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth settings and Fitbit account. Once you've make sure about this, feel free to proceed to erase your Fitbit device. Once done so, set up your watch as a new device. Keep an eye on your watch and see if it no longer loses time or faces syncing difficulties with your phone again.

Also, I was wondering what is the mobile device you're using to sync (I know you're on iPhone @DrIdaB). You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Hi there @Tryingtowork, welcome on board. I've seen that you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they helped you to get back on track.

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue is NOT resolved. Per “DanielP” in customer/tech support on 7/7/2020, it has been escalated to a supervisor that I am yet to hear from. If you are serious in trying to help with this issue, please CAREFULLY READ, the ENTIRE thread for Case 36507147 and request supervisor contact me NOW. This issue has gone on entirely too long since 6/29/2020. See pictures from yesterday clearly showing issue has NOT been resolved. 

75508302-32E0-4C3B-831E-3C8D8D6952CE.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

D791DBCA-266E-4B24-9AB8-70276A368991.jpeg

 see how the device is now 12 hours behind reality???

Best Answer
0 Votes

D9EA3517-C62B-45E0-B497-2B351284EA8F.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with mine. It just started about a week ago. No response to why it is happening and how it came be fixed. It is frustrating. Mine is also less than a year old. Have done everything that you have even a factory reset. As expensive as these watches are they should last longer than they do.

Good luck to you my fellow Fitbit Versa Lite owner.

Best Answer

The odd thing is that the app is refreshing and syncing for steps/heart rate/etc just not for time.

Best Answer
Are we in a time warp? It comes and goes. Part of the day time is off by
minutes then hours and part of the day tome is correct. Can't figure it
out.
Glad I'm not the only one.
Loretta
Best Answer

How strange that this is happening to so many people at the same time. I read this thread and it sounds like my situation as well.  My Versa was purchased around 10/19 as well. I have determined that there is a problem with the watch Bluetooth since it won’t pair with my ear piece either. Even when updates were downloading it would waiver in and out. Hopefully they don’t come clean after the warranty is over.

Best Answer

I have done everything the Rep told me to do more than twice.   App will not even find the device now.  Her answer to me was I have to wait for an update   So I have a useless piece of crap now.  Who knows when a update will be out and if that will even fix it.  It’s ridiculous.  

Best Answer
It is sad that so many are now having this problem. I wonder what can be
done about it.
Best Answer

I am having exactly the same problem. My watch started to lose time about 3 days ago, then would only sync after about 50 attempts to manually sync it, and now today, the device is not even recognised by my Bluetooth. I am very peeed off!

I also have tried every troubleshooting strategy imaginable, wasting hours of time. 😤

Best Answer